SLR Magic Anamorphot-50 2.0x Anamorphic Adapter
- SLR Magic
- Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- 1.65 LBS
- 2.0x Anamorphic Squeeze
- Creates 2.66:1 Images on 2.0 Sensors
- Near / Normal Focus Adjustment
- Mounts to Lenses with 62mm Front Thread
The SLR MagicAnamorphot-50 2.0x Anamorphic Adapter allows you to expand your creative horizons, enabling you to capture footage with a 2.66:1 aspect ratio on your camera with a 4:3 sensor. This results in an image that out of the camera will look distorted, as if your subjects were stretched taller and thinner than normal. This is easily corrected in post with virtually any modern NLE, creating an image suitable for viewing on wide-screen.
The Anamorphot-50 features adjustable focus marked normal and near. The near adjustment allows you to focus on subjects closer than approximately 26' away; setting the adapter to normal allows you to focus on subjects from approximately 26' to infinity. It mounts to lenses with a non-rotating front and a front thread diameter of 62mm. SLR Magic recommends that the Anamorphot-50 2.0x be used with lenses that have a front element that is physically no larger than 50mm in diameter.
- A 4:3 sensor records an image with an aspect ratio of approximately 1.33:1, and if you want to convert that to a more cinematic widescreen aspect ratio of 2.35:1 you could crop your image in post. However, this leads to a loss in resolution and image degradation. The Anamorphot 2.0x squeezes the image horizontally, which creates the classic tall / thin image that must be "de-squeezed" in post. The anamorphic process allows you to capture your image using your entire sensor, so there is no loss in resolution when compared with cropping your image.
- The Anamorphot-50 2.0x screws onto your lens's front, providing the classic anamorphic effect. Once screwed onto your lens, you use the push/pull locking ring to align and lock the Anamorphot-50.
- The Normal/Near adjustments ring allows you to fine-tune the focus of your lens for shooting subjects closer than approximately 26'.
- It features a 77mm filter thread so you can attach optional filters, diopters, or the SLR Magic Rangefinder Cine for improved focus functionality.