Formatt Hitech Double Fog 1 Filter (4 x 5.65")
- Formatt Hitech
- BF 4X51DOUBL4
- Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- 1.00 LBS
- Creates a Heavy Fog Effect
- Minimal Flare
- High-Quality Schott Glass
The_Formatt 4 x 5.65" Double Fog 1 Filter_maintains subject sharpness even though it is a diffusion filter. Flare and contrast are minimized_making it a great choice when you want a soft image but not too soft.
Double Fog filters are great when you're out in the country and come upon a remote, pastoral scene with some water, trees and, perhaps a lone row boat attached to an old wooden dock. The benefit of the fog effect will be an air of drama and romance to an otherwise staid shot. Portraits shot with a Double Fog will cover some imperfections in someone's complexion as well as add a touch of mystery.
Formatt, a company with three generations of professional filter-making experience produces every filter to the highest technical standards. The finest materials, together with state of-the-art production technology have resulted in a standard of optical excellence unmatched anywhere else.
Note:_Double Fog filters are available in grades from 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 and 1-5 with 5 having the greatest effect
- Add mood and atmosphere
- Helps control contrast
- Ideal for using in combination with other filters
Absorbing Cell Technology
- The secret to Formatt's consistency in filter design lies in its unique "Absorbing Cell Technology" (A.C.T.); this unique process allows color correct dyes to be applied to optically pure, wafer thin absorbing cells and offers a controllability that ensures the smoothest grad lines and consistent color across the whole filter surface
- This process is revolutionary compared with conventional filter dying techniques by eliminating the need to directly coat the glass surface itself; the repeatable performance gained through A.C.T. ensures that at any time you have to swap like filters for like filters mid shoot you can do so with confidence with no discernable differences in color or density
- Each filter is guaranteed flatness to a maximum 2-wave value and comes with an individual reading from a laser interferometer; every filter is carefully verified with a densitometer and spectrophotometer to ensure consistent and accurate transmission, before leaving the factory - the result is an absolute purity of image that eliminates any unwanted colorcast caused by conventional greenish soda-lime glass