5 Stop Graduated ND Filter
Reduce Exposure in Selective Areas
Neutral Results Across All Spectrums
Sandwiched 15-Layer Multi-Coating
Hydrophobic and Scratch-Resistant
4mm-Thick Schott Superwite Glass
The_Formatt-Hitech 4 x 5.65" Firecrest Graduated IRND 1.5 Filter_helps to darken specific areas of an image, such as bright skies, while allowing for a normal, unaffected exposure in the other regions of the image. The filter is densest at the edge and tapers to clear by the middle, with a soft-edged line of transition between the density and clear areas. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and the 1.5 density provides a 5 stop reduction in light from entering the lens.
The IRND design of this filter has been optimized for use with digital sensors and promote nearly flat attenuation of visible, UV, and infrared light. Due to imaging sensors' greater susceptibility to infrared light, compared to traditional film, color casts can occur when photographing darker subjects that require increased exposure times. This filter provides a high level of neutrality across all three spectrums in order to eliminate color casts and ensure cleaner, truer blacks.
Sandwiched between layers of Schott Superwite glass is a 15-layer Firecrest multi-coating, which helps to minimize reflections and flare in order maintain truer colors and contrast. Since the coating is located within the middle of the filter, it is less prone to scratching or damage and results in a more durable and hydrophobic design. This filter measures 4 x 5.65" / 101.6 x 143.5mm and is 0.16" / 4mm-thick. Its horizontal orientation indicates that the density's line of transition runs parallel to the long side of the filter.
- __ Graduated ND 1.5 filter for darkening skies and other bright areas of the image.
- __ Provides a 5 stop reduction in light in selective areas.
- __ Soft-edge transition is ideal for circumstances there is not a distinct line of separation between the bright and dark zones of the image.
- __ A horizontal orientation filter's line of transition runs parallel to the long side of the filter.
- __ Attenuates infrared light, as well as visible and UV wavelengths, to maintain color neutrality and suppress color casts due to increased exposure lengths.
- __ The 15-layer Firecrest coating has been applied directly to the filter glass by way of a vacuum-formed, hard-coated, electrolytic process. The multi-coating is sandwiched between layers of glass for added water- and scratch-resistance.
- __ Schott Superwite glass promotes maintained image clarity and its 4mm-thick design is well-suited to use in matte boxes.
|Graduated neutral density with IR attenuation
|4 x 5.65" / 101.6 x 143.5 mm (0.16" / 4 mm-thick)
|1.5 (5 stop)
|Reduces exposure in selective areas and helps to attenuate IR contamination
|Schott Superwite glass