Schneider 4 x 5.65" Platinum IRND 1.5 Filter (5-Stop)
- Schneider Optics
- Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- 0.50 LBS
- 32x Filter Factor, 5-Stop
- Darkens Entire Image
- Allows Reduced Shutter Speed
- Allows Wider Aperture
The Schneider 4 x 5.65" Platinum IRND 1.5 Filter is an ND filter with a 32x filter factor that provides a 5-stop exposure reduction. Its 1.5 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily. Neutral density filters are intended to not affect the coloration of the image and are ideal for pairing with other filters.
The design of this filter has been optimized for use with digital sensors and to promote nearly flat attenuation of visible and infrared light. Due to imaging sensors' greater susceptibility to infrared light, compared to traditional film, color casts can occur when photographing darker subjects that require increased exposure times. To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, each glass surface includes multiple layers of anti-reflection coating. These coatings also offer greater protection to the filter substrate and help it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters.
This Schneider IRND filter is constructed from Water White glass for increased optical clarity as well as color fidelity. It is compatible with filter holders that can accommodate 4mm-thick, 4 x 5.65" rectangular filters.
- 1.5 neutral density filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a 5-stop exposure reduction, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Filter does not affect coloration of the image and is ideal for use with other filters.
- Attenuates infrared light, as well as visible and UV wavelengths, to maintain color neutrality and suppress color casts due to increased exposure lengths.
- Multi-coated to prevent internal ghosting and reflections.
- Constructed from Water White glass for increased optical clarity.
- Padded pouch included for storage and transport.
|Filter Type||Solid ND Combination|
|Combination Type||IR Attenuation|
|Density||1.5 (5 Stops)|
|Rectangular Size||4 x 5.65" / 101.6 x 143.5 mm|
|Filter Thickness||0.16" / 4 mm|
|Package Weight||0.45 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.3 x 5.2 x 1.2"|