- Covers Full-Frame Sensor Size
- Sony E Mount
- T1.5 to T16 Aperture Range
- Geared Focus and Iris Control Rings
- Clickless Iris Ring, 9-Blade Iris
- Suitable for 8K Image Capture
- Lens Scale Marked in Feet
- Weighs 3.6 Pounds
- 95mm Front Diameter
Sigma's 40mm T1.5 FF Sony E Mount High-Speed Prime Lens, with the scale marked in feet, combines the same high-quality optics and mechanics of their Global Vision still line in a cine-oriented design. This 40mm Sony E-mount prime is a mid-range focal length in the series, offering full-frame sensor coverage, 6-8K resolution, and a T1.5 aperture in a compact, lightweight form; it is also available in Canon EF and PL mounts. A common 95mm front diameter and similar physical attributes across the lens line make it easier and quicker to mount lens accessories such as matte boxes, follow focuses, and lens control motors.
The 9-bladed iris produces pleasing out-of-focus bokeh effects, and ghosting and flaring have been minimized. Color reproduction is standardized for easier color correction. Each lens in the range offers consistent lens gear positions and 180° of focus barrel rotation. The FF High-Speed Primes also feature a clickless iris with linear markings, dampeners on each gear ring for silent operation, industry-standard 0.8 module gear pitch, and engraved markings for durability. Select markings are done in luminous paint for easy visibility in low light.
To relieve stress on your camera's lens mount, a support foot is built into the dust-resistant and water-resistant metal lens body. If you wish to fit your FF High-Speed Prime lens to a different camera, the Canon EF and Sony E mount versions can be converted from one to the other by an authorized Sigma service center (not available for PL mounts).
- High image performance covering full-frame sensors; suitable for 8K capture.
- Fast T1.5 maximum aperture aids in shooting with low light levels.
- Compact, dust-resistant, and water-resistant design with a common front diameter of 95mm across the line.
- Canon EF and Sony E mounts may be swapped at an authorized Sigma service center (not available for PL mounts).
- Select markings are done in luminous paint for easy visibility in low light.
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Image Circle||43.3 mm|
|Horizontal Angle of View||Full Frame: 48.5° |
APS-C (1.5x): 33°
|Minimum Focus Distance from Image Plane||15.7" / 0.40 m|
|Gear MOD & Pitch||Focus: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch |
Iris: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
|Front Diameter||95 mm|
|Filter Thread||82 mm|
|Lens Support||Lens Support Foot with 1/4"-20 Mounting Thread|
|Length||5.16" / 131 mm|
|Weight||3.4 lb / 1560 g|
|Package Weight||9.845 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||16.0 x 10.8 x 8.8"|