Sigma 28mm T1.5 FF High-Speed Prime (E Mount)
- Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- 3.00 LBS
- 28mm T1.5 Prime Lens
- Full Format coverage
- E Mount
- Close Focus: 1' (0.3m)
- 95mm front OD
- 82mm filter threads
The Sigma 28mm T1.5 FF High Speed Prime - Imperial, E Mount offers stunning image quality, compact construction, and Full Format coverage specifically designed for 6K-8K shooting.
There are three requirements for outstanding lenses: fine design, precise manufacturing, and inspection that ensures compliance with all specifications. SIGMA lenses are born of outstanding design concepts and excellent manufacturing technology, but they are not complete until they undergo their uncompromising lens performance evaluation. SIGMA have developed their own A1 proprietary Modulation Transfer Function (MTF) measuring system using 46-megapixel Foveon direct image sensors. Even previously undetectable high-frequency details are now within the scope of their quality control inspections. Each and every lens is checked before shipping. Thanks to the ultra-high resolution sensors, high-performance optical capability is assured.
Minimization of Flare & Ghosting
Computer-based ray tracing has been used from the design stage onward to minimize flare and ghosting, and enhance contrast in backlit conditions. Ghosting has also been checked at every prototype stage, with causes identified, assessed, and corrected.
Sharpness + Outstanding Bokeh
To fulfill the high demands for image quality in still photography, SIGMA has solved a wide range of issues. The benefit of these efforts can now be enjoyed in these cine lenses as well.
Standardized Color Balance
All of the lenses in the FF High Speed lineup are designed to comply with SIGMA’s CCI standard. Standardized color balance makes color correction a snap.
6K-8K Class Resolution
FF High Speed lenses feature the same optical system that delivers 50MP+ resolution in still photography. These lenses are ready for higher-resolution shooting and are ideal for chroma key production as well.
Build Quality with 100% Metal Body
These lenses are lightweight and compact, take full advantage of the high-precision, high-efficiency mass production technologies developed for SIGMA still camera lenses. Featuring all functions essential to modern cinematography, these lenses keep weight and size to a minimum, without sacrificing durability. The body is made completely of metal to withstand tough professional use over a long service life.
The lineup features the same dust-proof and splash-proof construction as the SIGMA 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSMÃ¥Â¥_ÃŒÂSports Zoom (sold separately). With each ring and mount specially sealed to prevent water and dust from entering, this lens is ready for use in tough conditions. The unusually robust specification of the lineup allows the user to concentrate on shooting while significantly reducing the burden of maintenance in the field.
Luminous Paint for Enhanced Visibility
The specification, gradation baseline, and lens change markings all feature luminous paint to aid lens changes and other tasks in low light conditions.
Laser Engraving for Enhanced Durability
Information on rings and elsewhere is laser-engraved for use over the long term. In addition, tape may be placed on gradations without fear of stripping away paint when it is removed.
- Compatibility has been confirmed with each brand of popular digital cinema cameras
- Compatible with both Super35 (the image circle size used by typical digital cinema cameras) and Full Format (i.e., full-frame) image circles
- Extremely fast T1.5 maximum aperture for improved low light performance and attractive depth of field
- 95mm front diameter
- Filter size is standardized at 82mm, allowing users to use the same size of ND filter on different lenses
- Standardized gear positions: positions of the gears in each ring are standardized, eliminating the need to adjust the follow focus, motor unit, or accessories even when the lens changes
- 0.8M gear pitch ensures compatibility with existing accessories
- Silent ring stoppers: the stopper of each ring incorporates a damper made of a special resin, resulting in silent operation
- While offering a satisfying lock feel, this feature eliminates any metallic sounds, allowing the user to operate with confidence in a quiet area
- 180° focus rotational angle (more than double that of a still camera lens, making possible extremely high-precision focusing)
- SIGMA has also optimized the cam for cine lenses for even easier long distance focusing
- Iris with full manual control: linear iris ring offers smooth control without clicks
- Standard T-stop display enables high-precision exposures
- Like other high-end cine lenses, the rotational angle of the iris ring is 60°
- Linear iris ring gives users the same rotational angle per T-stop for direct, intuitive control
- Focus ring with Imperial (Feet) graduations
- Dedicated lens support foot minimizes load on the camera body while enhancing mount stability
- The height of the seating surface is designed for compatibility with other accessories
- Even though the lens is compact, its robust design offers two different screw holes for this accessory to increase user options
- Cine-style front lens cap