Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens
- Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- 2.00 LBS
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.2 to f/16
- One Aspherical Element
- Super Spectra Coating
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- Rounded 8-Blade Diaphragm
Clearly distinguished by its bright maximum aperture, the Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM is a normal-length L-series prime also sporting a robust physical design and advanced optical layout. The impressively fast f/1.2 maximum aperture affords a great degree of control over depth of field for isolating subjects and producing desirable selective focus effects. Complementing these qualities is a sophisticated optical composition, which includes one aspherical element to suppress spherical aberrations in order to achieve notable sharpness and clarity. A Super Spectra coating has also been applied to limit flare and ghosting and promote greater contrast and color accuracy in a variety of lighting conditions. Complementing the imaging attributes, a ring-type USM is employed to deliver quick and quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus control.
- Normal-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides an 80mm equivalent focal length.
- Exceptionally bright f/1.2 maximum aperture affords extensive control over depth of field for selective focus applications and also benefits working in low-light situations.
- One aspherical element helps to suppress spherical aberrations and distortion for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with optimized focusing algorithms and a high-speed CPU, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
|Aperture||Maximum: f/1.2 |
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||46°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.48' / 45 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:6.6|
|Optical Design||8 Elements in 6 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||8, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 72 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||3.38 x 2.58" / 85.8 x 65.5 mm|
|Weight||1.28 lb / 580 g|
|Package Weight||2.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.0 x 5.4 x 5.2"|