Angenieux EZ-1 30 to 90mm Cinema Lens Pack (Super35 and Full-Frame)
- ANG-EZ-1 PACK
- Special Order
- 5.00 LBS
- Covers S35 3-Perf Sensor Size
- 3x Zoom Ratio
- PL Mount with Optional Mounts Available
- f/1.9, T2.0 Aperture
- 2' Minimum Focus Distance
- 114mm Front Diameter
- 0.8 Gear Teeth on Focus, Iris, and Zoom
- Replacement Rear Lens-Group
- Covers Full-Frame/VistaVision
The EZ-1 30 to 90mm Cinema Lens Pack from Angenieux includes the PL mount version of of the 30 to 90mm EZ-1 zoom lens, with both the Super35 and FF/VistaVision rear lens-groups. The lens is fast, T2.0 in Super35 and T3.0 in full-frame/VistaVision. Swapping between the rear lens groups doesn't affect the physical length of the lens, minimum focus distance, or 3x zoom ratio. However, the full-frame rear lens group does change the lens from a 30 to 90mm zoom that covers Super35 to a 45 to 135mm zoom that covers the full-frame/VistaVision aperture.
The lens itself has 3 manual lens control rings: focus, iris, and zoom. Each ring features cine-style 0.8 MOD gear teeth, for compatibility with follow focus units and lens control motors. The 114mm front diameter allows you to work with a wide variety of rod supported matte boxes.
- Angenieux's EZ-1 30-90mm S35 Cinema Lens with PL Mount is a fast zoom for 3-perf Super 35mm sized sensors that has been designed from the ground up to utilize interchangeable rear optical assemblies. This allows you to use the same lens to cover Super 35 or Full-Frame/VistaVision-sized sensors by swapping out the rear optical assembly. In addition, the rear assemblies allow you to swap the lens mount from PL to Sony E or Canon EF.
- The version of the lens ships with a PL mount and the Super 35 rear optical assembly. Set up as such it features a T2.0 aperture and focuses down to 2' in front of the image plane, while weighing in at only 4.7 pounds. The 114mm front diameter of the lens is a common diameter compatible with cinema-style matte boxes. The lens features independent focus, iris, and zoom control rings with cinema standard gear teeth. A removable support foot can be repositioned for when you need to rotate your lens off of a standard mounting orientation.
- Interchangeable Rear Optical Assembly
- The EZ-1 30-90mm is designed with swappable rear optical elements so you can easily convert the lens from covering 3-perf Super 35 to full-frame/VistaVision. This design has many advantages over adding additional optical elements such as 2x extenders, as swapping the rear assembly allows the lens to maintain the same physical size and minimum operating distance, while losing only slightly more than a stop when going from Super 35 to full-frame coverage. Additionally, as the optics are designed to be part of the lens, and not just additional elements that blow up the image resolved by the lens, they match the optical quality of the lens and your image does not suffer from having to go through additional glass/air surfaces, which can degrade your image.
- Interchangeable Lens Mounts
- This lens ships with a PL mount; however, that mount can be swapped with available (not included) E or EF lens mounts.
- Losing only 1/10 of a stop within the lens, the EZ-2 is extremely efficient. The fast T2.0 maximum aperture in Super 35mm matches the maximum aperture of many standard prime lenses for Super 35mm. This allows you to light to a lower illumination level than would normally be required for many zooms, making for more consistent images as you may not have to relight the scene as is often the case when moving from primes to slower zoom lenses.
- Manual Lens Control Rings
- Featuring independent manual control rings for focus, iris, and zoom. Each control ring incorporates industry standard 0.8 lens gear teeth.
- 114mm Front Diameter
- The EZ-1 shares the same 114mm front common to the Angenieux OPTIMO lens series, allowing you to easily share matte boxes between the EZ-1 and the OPTIMO lenses.
- Temperature Stability
- The EZ series of lenses are designed and built to compensate for temperature drifts, which helps reduce the need to recollimate the lens.
The EZ-1 Zoom Full-Frame Rear Lens-Group from Angenieux converts the Angenieux EZ-1 PL-mount zoom lens for use with full frame or VistaVison cameras. This rear-element group converts the Angenieux EZ-1 Zoom's focal length from 30-90mm to 45-135mm. The aperture of the lens changes from T2.0 (f/1.9) to T3.0 (f/2.8).
Angenieux EZ-1 Specs
- EZ-1 30-90mm S35 Cinema Lens with PL Mount
Focal Length 30 - 90mm Lens Mount ARRI PL Format Super35/APS-C Image Circle 30.0 mm Maximum T-Stop T2.0 Maximum F-Stop f/1.9 Minimum T-Stop Not specified by manufacturer Diagonal Angle of View Super35/APS-C: 50.31 - 17.6° Minimum Focus Distance from Image Plane 2' / 0.6 m Elements/Groups Not specified by manufacturer Iris Blades Not specified by manufacturer Front Diameter 114 mm Filter Thread Not specified by manufacturer Focus Scales Not specified by manufacturer Zoom Ratio 3x Electronic Communication Not specified by manufacturer Tripod Mounting Thread Not specified by manufacturer Dimensions (W x H) Not specified by manufacturer Length 8.9" / 226 mm Weight 4.7 lb / 2.2 kg Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 25.5 x 14.2 x 13.8"
- EZ-1 Zoom Full-Frame Rear Lens-Group
Supported Image Size Up to 46mm Focal Length 45-135mm Field of View (H x V) 45.6-15.9° x 30.8 - 10.7° Field of View at M.O.D At Focal Minimum:
351 x 228 mm
At Focal Maximum:
115 x 77 mm