- EZ-1 30-90mm S35 Cinema Zoom Lens
- 3-Motor MSU-1 Servo Lens Control
- Wireless MSU-1 Module
- Lens Hood with Cap
This EZ-1 30-90mm S35 Cinema Zoom with Advanced Kit 1 that consists of the PL-mount Angenieux EZ-1 30 to 90mm S35 Cinema Zoom lens, the removable MSU-1 Cine Servo three-motor lens control, and a lens hood with cap. The MSU-1 Universal Cine Servo is an ENG-style lens control, providing servo control for focus, iris, and zoom. Features include an adjustable zoom speed, a zoom rocker, and an integrated module for wireless control using select FIZ controllers (available separately).
Angenieux EZ-1 30-90mm S35 Cinema Lens with PL Mount
Angenieux's EZ-1 30-90mm S35 Cinema Lens with PL Mount is a fast zoom for 3-perf Super 35mm sized sensors that has been designed from the ground up to utilize interchangeable rear optical assemblies. This allows you to use the same lens to cover Super 35 or Full-Frame/VistaVision-sized sensors by swapping out the rear optical assembly. In addition, the rear assemblies allow you to swap the lens mount from PL to Sony E or Canon EF.
The version of the lens ships with a PL mount and the Super 35 rear optical assembly. Set up as such it features a T2.0 aperture and focuses down to 2' in front of the image plane, while weighing in at only 4.7 pounds. The 114mm front diameter of the lens is a common diameter compatible with cinema-style matte boxes. The lens features independent focus, iris, and zoom control rings with cinema standard gear teeth. A removable support foot can be repositioned for when you need to rotate your lens off of a standard mounting orientation.
- Interchangeable Rear Optical Assembly
- The EZ-1 30-90mm is designed with swappable rear optical elements so you can easily convert the lens from covering 3-perf Super 35 to full-frame/VistaVision. This design has many advantages over adding additional optical elements such as 2x extenders, as swapping the rear assembly allows the lens to maintain the same physical size and minimum operating distance, while losing only slightly more than a stop when going from Super 35 to full-frame coverage. Additionally, as the optics are designed to be part of the lens, and not just additional elements that blow up the image resolved by the lens, they match the optical quality of the lens and your image does not suffer from having to go through additional glass/air surfaces, which can degrade your image.
- Interchangeable Lens Mounts
- This lens ships with a PL mount; however, that mount can be swapped with available (not included) E or EF lens mounts.
- Losing only 1/10 of a stop within the lens, the EZ-2 is extremely efficient. The fast T2.0 maximum aperture in Super 35mm matches the maximum aperture of many standard prime lenses for Super 35mm. This allows you to light to a lower illumination level than would normally be required for many zooms, making for more consistent images as you may not have to relight the scene as is often the case when moving from primes to slower zoom lenses.
- Manual Lens Control Rings
- Featuring independent manual control rings for focus, iris, and zoom. Each control ring incorporates industry standard 0.8 lens gear teeth.
- 114mm Front Diameter
- The EZ-1 shares the same 114mm front common to the Angenieux OPTIMO lens series, allowing you to easily share matte boxes between the EZ-1 and the OPTIMO lenses.
- Temperature Stability
- The EZ series of lenses are designed and built to compensate for temperature drifts, which helps reduce the need to recollimate the lens.
Built specifically for use with the Angenieux EZ-1 and EZ-2 lenses, the MSU-1A Single-Motor Cine Zoom Servo from Angenieux is a removable lens drive unit that provides servo zoom control to EZ-1 and EZ-2 cinema-style lenses. The zoom lens drive gear is positioned to interface with your lens, and is 0.8 MOD to match the cine-style gearing. The servo incorporates a run/stop button, return video, quick zoom, and a traditional zoom rocker.
Further compatibility is ensured by the inclusion of Hirose and LEMO connectors. Those who wish to may use the servo to control with either Canon or Fujinon standard ENG lens pan handles
- The MSU-1A is self-aligning, mounting with three screws and a guide pin
- Basic Functions
- Auto Iris: on/off
- Rec: on/off
- Return video
- QZ (quick zoom)
- Iris: momentary
- Screen display
- Menu display
- Menu Display
- System modes: analog demand, digital demand, wireless, local
- Iris control mode: auto/remote
- Wireless frequency select
- Firmware upgrade
- Trigger automatic calibration
- Lens data selection
- Compatible with Canon & Fujinon standard ENG lens pan handles:
- 20-pin Hirose - analog and remote control
- 12 Pin Hirose - direct to lens port on camera
- 4-pin LEMO - "I" protocol communication
- 6-pin LEMO - MBUS port
- Cooke I System - real-time data transfer, no storage
A built-in wireless module permits interfacing with Movcam wireless lens controllers, selectable for iris, zoom, and focus
- Zoom Demand and Compatibility
- Via a 20-pin adapter cable (not included):
- Speed and Sensitivity
- The motor has been optimized to provide high-speed motor drive while maintaining sensitivity and precision operation
- Remote Controller Compatibility
- Via the 20-pin interface:
- Speed and Sensitivity
- The motors have been optimized to provide high-speed motor drive while maintaining sensitivity and precision operation
- ENG Style Operation
- Zoom Speed
- Q-Z switch
- information display
- VTR switch
- Function selector
- Display on/off
- Return switch
- Zoom operation switch
- Iris operation changeover switch
- Momentary iris auto switch
Designed to fit Angenieux Type EZ zoom lenses, this Hood with Cap reduces glare while helping to protect the lens front. This hood accommodates 127mm filters and fastens around the lens via an integrated screw.
|Focal Length||30 - 90mm|
|Lens Mount||ARRI PL|
|Image Circle||30.0 mm|
|Minimum T-Stop||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Diagonal Angle of View||Super35: 50.31 - 17.6°|
|Minimum Focus Distance from Image Plane||2' / 0.6 m|
|Optical Design||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Iris Blades||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Front Diameter||114 mm|
|Filter Thread||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Focus Scales||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Electronic Communication||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Tripod Mounting Thread||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Dimensions (W x H)||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Length||8.9" / 226 mm|
|Weight||4.7 lb / 2.2 kg|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||25.5 x 14.2 x 13.8"|