- Covers VistaVision 46.5mm Image Circle
- ARRI PL Mount
- T1.8 to T22 Aperture Range
- Geared Focus and Iris Control Rings
- 15-Blade Iris
- Internal Focus Design
- Shares Gear Position Across Lens Set
- 270° Focus Rotation
- 114mm Front Diameter
- Weighs 6.13 Pounds
Designed to cover the VistaVision frame, the Leitz Prime 75mm Lens features a stainless steel ARRI PL mount and provides the same image characteristics that Leitz is known for. Projecting a usable image circle of 46.5mm in diameter, it is compatible with virtually any camera with a PL lens port, and an optional PL to LPL adapter will allow you to use the lens with the ARRI ALEXA LF and LF Mini. The T1.8 maximum aperture is consistent among the range except for the 180mm, so there is no concern about exposure variations when cutting between the lenses in the set, other than the 180mm. Each lens incorporates geared focus and iris control rings which share the same position among every lens in the set, so swapping lenses can be done without having to adjust your follow focus or lens control system.
The lens features an internal focus design with a durable cam-follower mechanism which provides the lens with a non-rotating front, perfect for clip-on matte boxes. A generous number of focus marks are distributed along the focus scales, and 270° of focus rotation makes for accurate focus pulls. The 114mm diameter front is standard across the set of lenses, which also speeds up lens changes when working with a matte box.
- The modern lens design, as well as the cine manufacturing process and tight tolerances, ensure low distortion, high resolution, and excellent color rendition.
- The 15-blade iris provides an extremely smooth circular iris, for a natural-looking bokeh.
- The 270° of focus rotation allows for extremely accurate focus marks and focus pulls.
- Consistency in front diameter, shared focus, and iris ring position from lens to lens in the series allows for faster lens changes requiring less adjustment of matte boxes and lens accessories.
- A built-in lens support foot takes the strain off the lens mount, helping to keep the lens in optimal image-taking condition.
|Lens Mount||ARRI PL|
|Image Circle||46.5 mm|
|Minimum Focus Distance||From : 26" / 66.0 cm|
|Gear MOD & Pitch||Focus: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch |
Iris: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
|Front Diameter||114 mm|
|Filter Thread||112 mm|
|Lens Support||Lens Support Foot with 3/8"-16 Mounting Thread|
|Dimensions (W x H)||4.49 x 4.49" / 114 x 114 mm|
|Length||7.23" / 183.7 mm|
|Weight||6.13 lb / 2.78 kg|
|Package Weight||8.185 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||12.4 x 9.1 x 9.1"|