- Density: 5
- Good Portrait Filter
- Covers Minor Facial Imperfections
- Does Not Open Shadow Areas
The Formatt 4 x 5.65" Supermist Black 5 Filter is a great portrait filter since it diffuses minute details of a photo and reduces the overall contrast. This filter creates milder diffusion than a standard Supermist with one of the benefits being that it does not open up shadow areas as much.
Anyone who shoots portraits should have a diffusion filter in their bag and the Supermist Black gives you the freedom to create the most flattering images.
Formatt, a company with three generations of professional filter-making experience produces every filter to the highest technical standards. The finest materials, together with state of-the-art production technology have resulted in a standard of optical excellence unmatched anywhere else.
*NOTE: Supermist Black Filters are available in strengths of 1/8 to 5, with 5 having the greatest effect.
- Each filter is manufactured from Schott-Desag B270 Crown Optical Glass
- Absolute consistency in color and density to Kodak Wratten standards
- Precision grinding and polishing result in unbeatable optical flatness allowing use on even ultra-long focal length lenses
- Filter edges are protected with a unique frame for maximum protection and easy handling
Super Mist Range
- Super Mist Black - softens fine detail and reduces contrast but is more subtle than a standard Supermist with less lightening of shadow areas
- Super Mist Clear - the ultimate softening tool for creating a mood outdoors or indoors, in broad scenics or portraits; The Supermist is excellent for toning down excessive sharpness and reducing contrast by moderately lightening shadow areas without detracting from the overall image
- Warm Super Mist Black - Combines the effects of a Super Mist Black with a warmer tone
- Warm Super Mist Clear - Warm Super Mist combines the classic Super Mist with a unique skin tone enhancer adding a natural warmth; This is useful in outdoor open shade situations where there is excessive blue in the image and total control over lighting may not be possible
|Size||4 x 5.65" (100 x 140mm, 3mm thick)|
|Filter Factor||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Effect||Softens fine detail and reduces contrast but is more subtle than a standard Supermist with less lightening of shadow areas|
|Color Temperature||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Construction||Schott-Desag B270 Crown Optical Glass|
|Front Filter Thread Size||Not Applicable|
|Front Lens Cap Size||Not Applicable|
|Package Weight||0.4 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||2 x 2 x 2"|