Formatt Hitech 4 x 4" FC ND 2.1 Filter
- Formatt Hitech
- Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- 1.00 LBS
- 2.1 Neutral Density Filter
- Increase Exposure Length
- Greater Control Over Exposures
- Neutral Results Across All Spectrums
The Formatt Hitech 4 x 4" Firecrest ND 2.1 Filter is a solid neutral density filter providing a 7-stop reduction in exposure. This 2.1 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or longer shutter speed than normally required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
The design of this filter has been optimized for use with digital sensors and promote nearly flat attenuation of visible, UV, and infrared light. Due to imaging sensors' greater susceptibility to infrared light, compared to traditional film, color casts can occur when photographing darker subjects that require increased exposure times. This filter provides a high level of neutrality across all three spectrums in order to eliminate color casts and ensure cleaner, truer blacks.
Sandwiched between layers of SCHOTT Superwite glass is a 15-layer Firecrest multi-coating, which helps to minimize reflections and flare in order maintain truer colors and contrast. Since the coating is located within the middle of the filter, it is less prone to scratching or damage and results in a more durable and hydrophobic design. This filter measures 4 x 4" / 101.6 x 101.6mm and is 0.16" / 4mm thick.
- ND 2.1 filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a 7-stop exposure reduction, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Attenuates infrared light, as well as visible and UV wavelengths, to maintain color neutrality and suppress color casts due to increased exposure lengths.
- The 15-layer Firecrest coating has been applied directly to the filter glass by way of a vacuum-formed, hard-coated, electrolytic process. The multi-coating is sandwiched between layers of glass for added water- and scratch-resistance.
- Schott Superwite glass promotes maintained image clarity and its 4mm thick design is well-suited to use in matte boxes.
|Filter Type||Solid ND Combination|
|Combination Type||IR Attenuation|
|Density||2.1 (7 Stops)|
|Rectangular Size||4 x 4" / 101.6 x 101.6 mm|
|Filter Thickness||0.16" / 4 mm|
|Package Weight||0.35 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||5.197 x 5.118 x 0.945"|