- 90mm Lens Covers Full-Frame Sensors
- Macro Focus Lens
- 16-Blade Iris
- Cinema Gearing for Focus and Iris
Relatively small and lightweight, the DZOFilm VESPID 90mm T2.1 Lens (EF Mount) is part of the VESPID series of lenses from DZOFilm and is well suited for independent and high-end full-frame cinematography. This macro lens has an 80mm front diameter, allowing it to work with virtually any cine-style matte box. The small size makes this lens an attractive option when working with drones and gimbals, as well as when shooting handheld or run-and-gun. The industry-standard PL mount allows you to use the lens on a variety of modern and vintage cine cameras, while the full-frame coverage supports sensors that have an image circle up to 46.5mm.
The 16-blade iris, which is consistent throughout the VESPID prime lens lineup, creates round out-of-focus highlights that have a more natural appearance and contribute to the lens's natural-looking bokeh. The focus ring features 270° of rotation for precise focus pulls, and the iris ring a generous 68° of rotation. Cine-style gear rings on the focus and iris rings make the lens compatible with cine-style lens accessories such as follow focus units, lens motors, and lens control systems.
- This 90mm macro lens has an image circle that covers a full-frame sensor. When mounted on a camera with a Super35 sensor, it provides you with a tighter shot than if mounted on a camera with a full-frame sensor.
- The lens features metal construction to withstand the rigors of daily production.
- The common 80mm front diameter allows for quick lens changes as you don't have to swap out antireflection donuts or adapters to use the same matte box.
- This macro focus lens has a close focus distance of 10.157", allowing you to reproduce an in-focus image with a 1:1 object to image size ratio on the sensor.
- Each lens in the set has a magnetically attached read filter, allowing you to swap it out with varying strengths of ND filters for exposure control without affecting your iris.
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Image Circle||46.5 mm|
|Minimum Focus Distance||From Image Plane: 10.157" / 0.258 m|
|Gear MOD & Pitch||Focus: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch |
Iris: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
|Front Diameter||80 mm|
|Filter Thread||77 mm|
|Focus Scales||Metric, Imperial|
|Length||4.4" / 112 mm|
|Weight||28.2 oz / 800 g|