- 35mm Lens Covers Full-Frame Sensors
- 16-Blade Iris
- Cinema Gearing for Focus and Iris
- 270° Focus Rotation
Relatively small and lightweight, the DZOFilm VESPID 355mm T2.1 Lens is part of the VESPID series of lenses from DZOFilm and is well suited for independent and high-end full-frame cinematography. The lens has an 80mm front diameter, allowing it to work with virtually any cine-style matte box. The small size makes this lens an attractive option when working with drones and gimbals, as well as when shooting handheld or run-and-gun. The industry-standard PL mount allows you to use the lens on a variety of modern and vintage cine cameras, while the full-frame coverage supports sensors that have an image circle up to 46.5mm.
The 16-blade iris, which is consistent throughout the VESPID prime lens lineup, creates round out-of-focus highlights that have a more natural appearance and contribute to the lens's natural-looking bokeh. The focus ring features 270° of rotation for precise focus pulls, and the iris ring a generous 64° of rotation. Cine-style gear rings on the focus and iris rings make the lens compatible with cine-style lens accessories such as follow focus units, lens motors, and lens control systems. The lens has a magnetically attached rear filter for ND filters.
- This 35mm lens has an image circle that covers a full-frame sensor. When mounted on a camera with a Super35 sensor, it provides you with a tighter shot than if mounted on a camera with a full-frame sensor.
- The lenses provide an organic look that is a cross between the modern-day cold and technically precise aesthetic and vintage cinema lenses.
- The coated optics help provide natural-looking contrast while helping to control veiling glare and specular highlights, preventing flares from washing out your image.
- The 16-blade iris makes for a natural-looking bokeh and creates smooth rounded out-of-focus highlights.
- The modern mechanical design allows each lens to have a small size and light weight yet share the same 80mm front diameter and common gear positions for fast lens changes.
- The rear of the lens has a magnetically attached rear filter that accepts optional ND filters that help you control exposure without affecting the iris setting or changing your depth of field.
- The front of the lens has a 77mm filter thread, allowing you to use optional filters directly on the lens, which is useful when you need filtration when shooting without a matte box.
- A minimum focusing distance of 12" allows you to get up close to your subject.
|Focal Length|| |
|Lens Mount||ARRI PL|
|Image Circle||46.5 mm|
|Minimum Focus Distance||From Image Plane: 1.0' / 0.3 m|
|Gear MOD & Pitch||Focus: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch |
Iris: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
|Front Diameter||80 mm|
|Filter Thread||77 mm|
|Focus Scales||Metric, Imperial|
|Length||3.9" / 100 mm|
|Weight||33.2 oz / 940 g|