- 125mm Lens Covers Full-Frame Sensors
- 16-Blade Iris
- Cinema Gearing for Focus and Iris
- 270° Focus Rotation
Relatively small and lightweight, the DZOFilm VESPID 125mm T2.1 Lens is part of the VESPID series of lenses from DZOFilm and is well suited for independent and high-end full-frame cinematography. The lens has an 80mm front diameter, allowing it to work with virtually any cine-style matte box. The small size makes this lens an attractive option when working with drones and gimbals, as well as when shooting handheld or run-and-gun. The industry-standard PL mount allows you to use the lens on a variety of modern and vintage cine cameras, while the full-frame coverage supports sensors that have an image circle up to 46.5mm.
The 16-blade iris, which is consistent throughout the VESPID prime lens lineup, creates round out-of-focus highlights that have a more natural appearance and contribute to the lens's natural-looking bokeh. The focus ring features 270° of rotation for precise focus pulls, and the iris ring a generous 84° of rotation. Cine-style gear rings on the focus and iris rings make the lens compatible with cine-style lens accessories such as follow focus units, lens motors, and lens control systems.
- This 125mm lens has an image circle that covers a full-frame sensor. When mounted on a camera with a Super35 sensor, it provides you with a tighter shot than if mounted on a camera with a full-frame sensor.
- The lens features metal construction to withstand the rigors of daily production.
- The common 80mm front diameter allows for quick lens changes as you don't have to swap out antireflection donuts or adapters to use the same matte box.
- A minimum focusing distance of 31" allows you to get up close to your subject.
|Lens Mount||ARRI PL|
|Image Circle||46.5 mm|
|Minimum Focus Distance||From Image Plane: 2.59' / 0.79 m|
|Gear MOD & Pitch||Focus: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch |
Iris: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
|Front Diameter||80 mm|
|Filter Thread||77 mm|
|Length||3.9" / 100 mm|
|Weight||32.6 oz / 924 g|