- 125mm Lens Covers Full-Frame Sensors
- 16-Blade Iris
- Cinema Gearing for Focus and Iris
- 270° Focus Rotation
Relatively small and lightweight, the DZOFilm VESPID 125mm T2.1 Lens (EF Mount) is part of the VESPID series of lenses from DZOFilm and is well suited for independent and high-end full-frame cinematography. The lens has an 80mm front diameter, allowing it to work with virtually any cine-style matte box. The small size makes this lens an attractive option when working with drones and gimbals, as well as when shooting handheld or run-and-gun. The industry-standard PL mount allows you to use the lens on a variety of modern and vintage cine cameras, while the full-frame coverage supports sensors that have an image circle up to 46.5mm.
The 16-blade iris, which is consistent throughout the VESPID prime lens lineup, creates round out-of-focus highlights that have a more natural appearance and contribute to the lens's natural-looking bokeh. The focus ring features 270° of rotation for precise focus pulls, and the iris ring a generous 84° of rotation. Cine-style gear rings on the focus and iris rings make the lens compatible with cine-style lens accessories such as follow focus units, lens motors, and lens control systems.
- This 125mm lens has an image circle that covers a full-frame sensor. When mounted on a camera with a Super35 sensor, it provides you with a tighter shot than if mounted on a camera with a full-frame sensor.
- The lens features metal construction to withstand the rigors of daily production.
- The common 80mm front diameter allows for quick lens changes as you don't have to swap out antireflection donuts or adapters to use the same matte box.
- A minimum focusing distance of 31" allows you to get up close to your subject.
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Image Circle||46.5 mm|
|Minimum Focus Distance||From Image Plane: 2.59' / 0.79 m|
|Gear MOD & Pitch||Focus: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
Iris: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
|Front Diameter||80 mm|
|Filter Thread||77 mm|
|Length||3.9" / 100 mm|
|Weight||32.6 oz / 924 g|