The Deity Theos DBTX is an advanced, fully digital wireless microphone transmitter designed to provide dependable performance and a fast, stress-free, remote-controlled workflow for filmmakers, videographers, and serious content creators. Also included is the W. Lav Pro lavalier microphone, which plugs into the transmitter's locking 3.5mm input. Part of Deity’s Sidus ecosystem, the DBTX is compatible with the D2RX receiver (available separately) and operates in the less crowded UHF spectrum to deliver reliable wireless transmission. The transmitter features backup recording for an added level of insurance and features a rugged CNC-milled aluminum chassis engineered to built to survive the rigors of field production.
A Versatile Bodypack Transmitter with Lav Mic
- The compact bodypack DBXT transmitter offers a locking 3.5mm Sennheiser-style input jack. Attach the included W. Lav Pro lavalier microphone to your subject, plug it into the transmitter, and your ready to go.
- The lavalier mic is waterproof and features an omnidirectional polar pattern that picks up sound 360º around the capsule, providing consistent audio levels, even if the talent turns away from the microphone.
- With a dynamic range of 123 dB and up to 30 dB of gain, the transmitter can handle a wide variety of mic and line inputs. Two A/D converters ensure pristine 24-bit / 48 kHz digital audio quality.
- The onboard recorder features both 24-bit and 32-bit float formats, so you never have to worry about gain staging on your backup WAV files—perfect for avoiding dropped signals and wireless interference. Recordings are saved to a microSD card up to 128GB in size; a 32GB microSD card is included.
- The DBTX can wirelessly sync its timecode generator to that of the Deity TC-1 timecode generator (available separately). Timecode ensures your backup WAV files will sync with your master file in post. Multiple SMPTE frame rates are supported.
- Alternatively, the DBTX can be synced via the 3.5mm jack if you are using third-party timecode generators.
- An adjustable RF power output from 10 to 100mW means you can boost the RF transmission signal, at the expense of battery life, to overcome interference in crowded UHF environments.
- Power is supplied by two AA batteries (included). A pair of lithium batteries will power the transmitter for over 12 hours.
Wideband UHF Spectrum
- The Deity Theos Digital Wireless Microphone System sets itself apart by utilizing a broad UHF spectrum from 550 to 663 MHz instead of the congested 2.4 GHz band. This helps ensure that your audio is free from interference and other issues that can occur when working in a crowded frequency range.
- Using a wideband UHF spectrum is especially important for filmmakers who need to work in various locations where multiple devices might compete for frequency space. In such situations, Deity Theos ensures that you always have a clear frequency to work with, thus lowering the risk of interference.
- The DBTX comes with an SMA antenna port, which allows you to swap out antennas to fine-tune your frequency or replace them if they get damaged. This feature also makes it more compact for storage and transportation.
Remote Control via Sidus Audio App
- The Deity Theos Digital Wireless Microphone System has a unique feature that allows remote control of both the transmitter and receiver (available separately) through the Sidus Audio app.
- With the app, you can easily perform frequency scanning and assignment, coordinate frequencies among several receivers, adjust gain staging, and remotely trigger the backup recorder. This feature eliminates the need to physically handle the device, making it much more convenient when working on set.
- The remote control feature is especially useful for filmmakers who need to work with multiple devices or those who need to make adjustments to their audio settings quickly. It saves time, and it ensures that you never miss a critical moment on set.
Full-Color LCD Screen
- One of the standout features of the Theos Wireless System is the full-color LCD screen, which displays the status of the device. This screen makes it easy to monitor the system's performance, ensuring that you always have a clear view of your audio levels, battery life, and other critical information.
- This feature is especially useful for filmmakers who need to work in various locations and lighting conditions.