- For EOS R5 Mirrorless Camera
- Integrated Battery Grip
- Provides Wired/Wireless LAN Connectivity
- Holds Two LP-E6/LP-E6N/LP-E6NH Batteries
Combining robust connectivity within an integrated battery grip design, the WFT-R10A Wireless File Transmitter is a network workflow asset for the Canon EOS R5 mirrorless camera. This transmitter/grip combination permits transferring of image files using either wired or wireless LAN connections with FTP, FTPS, and SFTP support for secure sharing. EOS Utility and Network Setting Tool support, along with an updated and intuitive interface, permit creating various wireless configurations of varying complexities, including enhanced support for linked multi-camera shooting and wirelessly synced applications.
As a grip, the WFT-R10A provides extended battery life with the ability to accept up to two LP-E6/LP-E6N/LP-E6NH batteries. It also provides users with a set of vertical controls and dials, including a shutter release and joystick, to make the camera more comfortable to use in a portrait orientation. Additionally, matches the dust- and water-resistance of the R5 itself to suit working in inclement conditions.
- Both wired (Ethernet) and wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) connectivity options are available for custom networking solutions. Wireless support has been upgraded over the base camera with 802.11ac/c 2x2 MIMO Technology to achieve transfer speeds of up to 867 Mb/s. Also, standard 802.11b/g/n at 2.4 GHz and 802.11ac/a/n at 5 GHz are options for compatibility with different networks.
- As a vertical battery grip the WFT-R10A offers the expected advantages of longer battery life and easier operation for vertical shooting. It holds two LP-E6NH/LP-E6N/LP-E6 battery packs for effectively double the runtime. It also has vertical controls, including dials, a multi-controller, and shutter release. Additionally, it is dust- and moisture-resistant to match the camera.
- Professional workflows sometimes require advanced remote transfer options, including FTP and encryption. The WFT-R10A allows configuring for direct image transfer from the camera to local or offsite servers using FTP, FTPS, and SFTP.
- EOS Utility software is avaialble, providing options for Live View remote shooting and image transfer. This works well with the Network Setting Tool for adjusting network-specific options using a computer. This tool allows the export and import of setting files (NIF), LAN setup, and the ability to check access to the FTP server and create folders.
- One camera can connect to up to ten receiver cameras (all equipped with the WFT-R10A) via wireless LAN for remote multi-camera shooting or to sync time of all the cameras.
|Battery Type||2 x Battery Pack (LP-E6/LP-E6N/LP-E6NH)|
|Connectivity||1 x RJ45 (Ethernet) |
802.11ac/n 2x2 MIMO Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz)
802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz)
802.11ac/a/n Wi-Fi (5 GHz)
|Transfer Speed||Up to 867 Mb/s with 802.11ac 2x2 MIMO Wi-Fi|
|Transmission Range||Up to 492' / 150 m|
|Tripod Mounting Thread||1/4"-20|
|Operating Temperature||32-104°F / 0-40°C|
|Dimensions||5.6 x 4.5 x 3.2" / 143.2 x 114.4 x 81.0 mm|
|Weight||13.9 oz / 395 g|