- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4.5 to f/32
- UD and Aspherical Elements
- Super Spectra Coating
- STM Stepping AF Motor
- 1:2 Magnification and 5.1" Min. Focus
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Customizable Control Ring
- 7-Blade Diaphragm
The Canon RF 15-30mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens is an ultra wide-angle zoom lens and is a superb choice for video content creation and still image shooting, with features that help enhance both. On full-frame cameras, the 15mm ultra-wide focal length creates an incredible super-wide look, and the coverage all the way up to 30mm let's you take images of tight interior spaces all the way to broad landscapes.
This lens works great on APS-C sensor cameras too, like the EOS R7 and R10, giving you the full-frame equivalent focal range of 24-48mm. Even though this lens is lightweight at only 0.9 lbs, it feels solid in your hands, and has great optical performance with two Ultra-low Dispersion glass elements and one Aspherical element for sharp images, and crisp video. If you switch over to manual focusing The RF 15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM also has a unique close focusing feature that lets you focus almost to the surface of the lens at the 15mm zoom setting for creating some really unique images.
The RF 15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM also comes with built-in Optical Image Stabilization to enhance your low-light shooting abilities by providing up to 5.5 stops* of shake correction, and up to 7 stops with coordinated IS. This lens is a great combination of portability, usability, price point, and exciting visual potential. Whether you are shooting stills or video, and are attaching it to a full-frame camera, or an APS-C camera, this lens deserves your attention, and a spot in your camera bag.
- Covering ultra-wide to wide-angle fields of view, this lens spans a useful range of focal lengths for a variety of subject types, including landscape, architecture, interiors, and street applications.
- Modest variable maximum aperture contributes to a compact, lightweight design that's ideal for travel and walkaround shooting.
- Two UD (ultra-low dispersion) glass elements control a variety of chromatic aberrations for high clarity and color accuracy.
- One aspherical element reduces spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Spectra Coating minimizes flare and ghosting for greater contrast when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.
Autofocus and Image Stabilization
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 5.5 stops, or 7 stops with coordinated IS, to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- STM stepping motor offers fast, quiet, smooth, and accurate autofocus performance that is ideal for video recording as well as still shooting.
- Close-up focusing capabilities enables working with a 1:2 maximum magnification and a 5.1" minimum focusing distance to suit photographing nearby subjects.
|Focal Length||15 to 30mm|
|Maximum Aperture||f/4.5 to 6.3|
|Minimum Aperture||f/22 to 32|
|Lens Mount||Canon RF|
|Lens Format Coverage||Full-Frame|
|Angle of View||110° 30' to 71° 35'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||5.1" / 13 cm|
|Macro Reproduction Ratio||1:2|
|Optical Design||13 Elements in 11 Groups|
|Filter Size||67 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3 x 3.5" / 76.6 x 88.4 mm|
|Weight||13.8 oz / 390 g|