- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/8 to f/64
- Fluorite, Super UD, and UD Elements
- Air Sphere and Super Spectra Coatings
- Ring-Type USM AF System
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Focus Range Limiter, Two Focus Presets
- Customizable Electronic Focus Ring
- Weather-Sealed Design, Fluorine Coating
- Rotating Tripod Collar
The Canon RF 1200mm f/8 L IS USM Lens is a super-telephoto, fixed focal length lens is the longest telephoto lens among Canon’s EOS R System lineup. Its compatibility with both RF1.4x and RF2x Extenders increase your effective focal length to a staggering 1680mm and 2400mm, making it a terrific choice for any long-distance application such as outdoor sports, wildlife, news photojournalism, and more where you want to create super-tele impact.
Two large-diameter Fluorite elements, one Super UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) and one UD-glass element, and Air Sphere Coating combine for superb optical performance. The 1200mm focal length naturally provides incredibly soft backgrounds. Finally, it’s image stabilized, providing up to 4 stops of optical correction for camera shake. At 7.4 lbs., the RF 1200mm F8 L IS USM is surprisingly lightweight, giving it incredible handling ease along with its powerful super-telephoto capabilities.
- Outstanding image quality, 1200mm super-telephoto fixed focal length lens expands the EOS R system.
- Impressively light at 7.4 lbs., while retaining high levels of image quality.
- Minimum focus distance of Approx. 14.1 ft. / 4.3 m.
- Optical Image Stabilization with up to 4 Stops* of Shake Correction, Including Three IS Operation Modes.
- Super Spectra Coating (SSC) and Air Sphere Coating (ASC) Helps Minimize Ghosting and Flare.
- Compatible with both RF1.4x and RF2x Extenders for focal lengths of 1680mm and 2400mm.
- Customizable electronic focusing ring with Manual Focus Capability during SERVO AF.
- Two focus presets available — instantly return to one or two memorized focus distances.
- 9-blade circular aperture for beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Durable L-series Construction with Dust- and Water-resistant Design, Fluorine Coating on Front Element for Easy Cleaning.
|Lens Mount||Canon RF|
|Lens Format Coverage||Full-Frame|
|Angle of View||2° 5'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||14.1' / 4.3 m|
|Optical Design||26 Elements in 18 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Tripod Collar||Fixed and Rotating|
|Filter Size||52 mm (Drop-In)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||6.6 x 21.1" / 168 x 537 mm|
|Weight||7.3 lb / 3340 g|