Canon PL-Mount CN-E 30-105mm f/2.8 L SP/MOD Digital Cinema Zoom Lens with EF-Mount Conversion Parts
- 5.00 LBS
The Canon PL-Mount CN-E 30-105mm f/2.8 L SP/MOD Digital Cinema Zoom Lens provides impressive zoom magnification and wide-angle focal length range for the Super 35mm format. It is engineered to offer 4K optical performance for demanding high-end productions, meeting and exceeding industry standards.
Intended for the working professional, the lens has markings on angled surfaces and on both sides of the barrel, making it easy to read settings from behind, or from either side of the camera. Focus markings can even be switched from standard labeling to metric, depending on production needs. This lens is equipped with control rings designed to maintain the proper amount of resistance with consistent operating torque, and a covered flange-back adjustment mechanism to meet numerous of production application needs.
Designed to fulfill contemporary 4K production standards, this lens surpasses the performance requirements of any HD imaging system. It features advanced optical design with fluorite and large aspherical lens elements to achieve sharp, consistent images throughout the zoom range. It also incorporates geared inner focusing to minimize focus-induced changes in the angle of view, reducing focus breathing virtually to zero. The innovative glass construction counteracts barrel expansion and contraction to avoid temperature-induced marking discrepancies.
The Cinema Zoom lens offers impressive optical performance for demanding high-end productions. Light and small in size, the lens offers consistent a form factor and markings optimized for motion picture production. Sharing the same gear position, diameter and rotation angle, and front diameter-the lens’ compatibility with third-party accessories allows crews to easily change between any 2 lenses without making adjustments to the rig setup.
This PL mount lens can be converted to EF mount, if required, by using the included EF mount conversion kit.
Note: To convert the lens mount from PL to EF, the lens along with the conversion kit must be shipped to a Canon USA Cinema Lens Factory Service Center. The conversion would incur additional labor and return shipping fees. The parts comprising the original mount will be returned to the client and can be reused as necessary.
- Mobility is good and a camera can be held while the lens is attached. Many features also enhance lens usability, making the lens a good match for applications beyond filmmaking.
- With good resolution, this lens is ready for 4K cameras. From the center of the screen to the edges, image rendering is good, with minimal distortion. This wide-angle zoom lens maintains ample image brightness (T-number: 2.8) that does not change with zooming.
- Easy-to-Read Controls: Focus, zoom, and iris markings are provided on angled surfaces. These markings are easier to read from behind the camera.
- Inner Focus: Minimizes focus-induced changes in the angle of view.
- Light & Compact: Smaller and lighter to meet a variety of shooting needs.
- Flange-Back Adjustment Mechanism: A covered flange-back adjustment mechanism is included, with broadcast applications in mind.
- Unified Front Lens (Diameter, Gear Position): Uniform gear positions within the same categories eliminate the need for accessory gear position adjustment when switching lenses.
- Supports Industry-Standard Cameras: Supports industry-standard Super 35mm equivalent and APS-C formats.
- Marked on Both Sides: Lenses are marked on both sides. This makes markings visible from either side of the lens.
- Comfortable Usability: Control rings maintain the right amount of resistance while offering good usability with consistent operating torque.
- Switchable Unit for Focus Marking: The outer piece on marked focus rings can be switched from non-metric to metric labeling.
|Focal Length||30 to 105mm|
|Lens Mount||ARRI PL|
|Diagonal Angle of View||Super35: 53.8 to 16.1°|
|Minimum Focus Distance from Image Plane||2' / 0.6 m|
|Gear MOD & Pitch||Focus: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch |
Iris: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
Zoom: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
|Front Diameter||114 mm|
|Dimensions (W x H)||4.4 x 8.7" / 111.8 x 221 mm|
|Length||4.9" / 125 mm|
|Weight||4.8 lb / 2.2 kg|