- 24.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- 4K60 10-Bit Internal Video, C-Log 3
- External 6K ProRes RAW Recording
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
- 12 fps Mech. Shutter, 40 fps E. Shutter
- Sensor-Shift 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- 3.69m-Dot OLED EVF
- 3" 1.62m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- Dual UHS-II Memory Card Slots
- Multi-Function Shoe, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
The Canon EOS R6 Mark II Mirrorless Camera is a standard full-frame camera evolved with hybrid features for still and movie shooting. The EOS R6 Mark II enables various photographic expressions that transcend boundaries between recording personal life and professional production purposes, as well as between photo shooting and movie shooting. Achieve creativity in everyday life with the EOS R6 Mark II.
24.2MP Full-Frame Sensor and DIGIC X Processing
Updated Full-Frame Sensor
Hitting a sweet-spot in terms of resolution, the R6 Mark II incorporates a new 24.2MP CMOS sensor that's versatile for both photo and video applications, performs well in low-light conditions, and yields striking and accurate colors.
DIGIC X Processor
Borrowed from the R3, the R6 Mark II's upgraded processing suits the multimedia nature of the camera. Capable of processing high speed bursts as well as high-res 4K video, the DIGIC X supports up to 40 fps continuous shooting with a silent electronic shutter or 12 fps with a mechanical shutter, with AF and AE readings before each frame. There is also a 30 fps RAW Burst mode, which offers pre-release capture to record moments that happened up to 0.5-sec before you press the shutter.
Also, improved processing leads to improved low-light performance, with the sensitivity range now extending from ISO 100-102400, and expandable to ISO 204800 for working in very difficult lighting conditions.
UHD 4K Video Recording
Beyond stills, the R6 Mark II's sensor also offers high-res UHD 4K 60p internal video using the full width of the sensor and the ability to work with 10-bit sampling with Canon Log 3. A 6K recording area can also be used for oversampled 4K shooting at 30p for improved sharpness, reduced moiré, and lower noise. And, for slow-motion playback, 180p recording is supported at up to Full HD resolution.
HDR-PQ recording is possible, too, for in-camera HDR production and external recording, via the micro-HDMI port, which supports a clean 6K output at up to 60 fps. Also, unlimited recording times are possible, too, and the R6 Mark II features both mic and headphone ports, as well as a multi-function shoe for wide accessories compatibility.
External 6K Raw Recording
Using the micro-HDMI port, raw video recording is possible when paired with a compatible external recorder. ProRes RAW up to 6K 60p is possible using the full width of the sensor as well as 3.7K raw recording with a crop.
Autofocus and Image Stabilization
Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
- Advanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF II system features 1053 automatic AF points that cover the entire sensor area and provide notably fast, responsive, and precise focusing performance.
- This phase-detection focusing system also has enhanced subject detection and tracking, benefitted by deep learning technology, with the ability to intelligently recognize people, animals, and vehicles. Subject tracking will automatically lock onto these subjects and maintain sharp focus while shooting, even throughout burst captures and when recording video.
- Dual Pixel AF II's low-luminance limit focuses down to an impressive -6.5 EV for accurate focusing even in nighttime conditions.
Sensor-Shift Image Stabilizer
An In-Body Image Stabilizer (IBIS) corrects up to 7 stops of unwanted camera shake when shooting handheld, helping to shoot handheld in low-light conditions and reduce shake when recording videos. This 5-axis system can be also used in conjunction with lenses featuring optical image stabilization to compensate for up to 8 stops of camera shake depending on the specific lens in use. Additionally, Movie Digital IS uses the optical and sensor-shift stabilization methods along with digital IS to help acquire steadier footage while moving.
EVF and Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- High-resolution 3.69m-dot 0.5" electronic viewfinder provides a bright and detailed means for eye-level viewing and the quick 120 fps refresh rate offers natural motion rendering for a more realistic viewfinder experience.
- Rear 3.0" 1.62m-dot LCD touchscreen features a vari-angle design that benefits front-facing recording, such as for vlogging needs, as well as working from high and low shooting angles.
- Refined body design incorporates four distinct control dials across the body for intuitive tactile control and a joystick controller is used on the back of the camera for fast and intuitive focus point selection and menu navigation.
Reliable and Intuitive Handling
- An updated top plate design repositions the On/Off dial and Photo/Video mode dial for more intuitive handling.
- Built for everyday use, this camera touts a dust- and moisture-sealed body constructions that's suitable for working in inclement conditions.
- Dual SD memory card slots offer file-saving flexibility and both are rated for UHS-II card speeds to support fluent 4K video recording and high-speed continuous shooting.
Wired and wireless connectivity options are available, allowing for multiple methods of transferring photos and videos, as well as for remotely controlling the camera.
- USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 port for in-camera charging and file transfers; this port also enables using the camera as a Full HD 30p webcam with support for UVC/UAC protocols
- 3.5mm headphone and external microphone ports
- Micro-HDMI port for working with an external recorder
- Bluetooth and 5/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi for wireless transfers and remote camera control from mobile devices
Next-Generation Multi-Function Shoe
An update to a conventional hot shoe, the Multi-Function Shoe adds a row of pins at the front of the design to permit greater accessory functionality as well as provide power to select accessory types that traditionally rely on separate batteries. This updated shoe is compatible with select accessories, including the EL-5 Speedlite, ST-E10 Speedlite Transmitter, DM-E1D Stereo Microphone, and AD-P1 Smartphone Link Adapter, as well as the AD-E1 Multi-Function Shoe Adapter to provide compatibility with legacy shoe-mounted accessories.
|Lens Mount||Canon RF|
|Sensor Resolution||Actual: 25.6 Megapixel
Effective: 24.2 Megapixel (6000 x 4000)
|Sensor Type||35.9 x 23.9 mm (Full-Frame) CMOS|
|Image Stabilization||Sensor-Shift, 5-Axis|
|Built-In ND Filter||None|
|Capture Type||Stills & Video|
|Shutter Type||Electronic Shutter, Mechanical Focal Plane Shutter|
|Shutter Speed||Mechanical Shutter
1/8000 to 30 Seconds
1/16000 to 30 Seconds
|Bulb/Time Mode||Bulb Mode|
|ISO Sensitivity||100 to 102,400 in Manual, Auto Mode (Extended: 50 to 204,800)|
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average, Evaluative, Partial, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)|
|Metering Range||-3 to 20 EV|
|White Balance||Presets: Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (White), Shade, Tungsten|
|Continuous Shooting||Mechanical Shutter
Up to 12 fps at 24 MP for up to 1000 Frames (JPEG) / 110 Frames (Raw)
Up to 40 fps at 24 MP for up to 190 Frames (JPEG) / 75 Frames (Raw)
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Image File Format||C-RAW, HEIF, JPEG|
|Internal Recording Modes||H.264/H.265/MPEG-4 4:2:2 10-Bit
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.98/25/29.97/50/59.94 fps [60 to 340 Mb/s]
1920 x 1080 at 23.98/25/29.97/50/59.94/100/119.88/150/179.82 fps [12 to 270 Mb/s]
|External Recording Modes||Raw via HDMI
6144 x 4032 up to 59.94 fps
|Gamma Curve||Canon Log 3, HDR-PQ|
|Built-In Microphone Type||Stereo|
|Audio Recording||LPCM Audio
|Media/Memory Card Slot||Dual Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II)|
|Video I/O||1 x Micro-HDMI Output|
|Audio I/O||1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Stereo Microphone Output on Camera Body
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Stereo Headphone Input on Camera Body
|Power I/O||1 x USB-C Input|
|Other I/O||1 x USB-C (USB 3.2 / 3.1 Gen 2) Data/Tether Input/Output (Shared with Power Input)|
|Wireless||2.4 / 5 GHz Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) Control
|Global Positioning (GPS, GLONASS, etc.)||None|
|Display Type||Articulating Touchscreen LCD|
|Type||Built-In Electronic (OLED)|
|Eye Point||23 mm|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +2|
|Focus Type||Auto and Manual Focus|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-Servo AF, Manual Focus, Single-Servo AF|
|Autofocus Points||Photo, Video
Contrast Detection, Phase Detection: 1053
|Autofocus Sensitivity||-6.5 to +21 EV|
|Maximum Sync Speed||1/250 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||eTTL|
|External Flash Connection||Intelligent Hot Shoe|
|Battery Type||1 x LP-E6NH Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 2130 mAh (Approx. 760 Shots)|
|Tripod Mounting Thread||1 x 1/4"-20 Female (Bottom)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||5.4 x 3.9 x 3.5" / 138.4 x 98.4 x 88.4 mm|
|Weight||1.3 lb / 588 g (With Battery, Recording Media)|