- Super 35mm CMOS Sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF Technology
- Dual DIGIC DV 6 Processors
- 4K DCI and UHD, 1920 x 1080
- Canon RAW Light, MP4, MP4 Proxy
- Integrated EVF, 2 x XLR Audio Inputs
- Rotating 4" LCD Monitor, Camera Grip
- EF-Mount L-Series Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to 22
- Internal Focus; Full-Time MF Override
This kit from Canon includes the EOS C200 EF Cinema Camera and the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Lens. This pairing creates a versatile digital cinema production kit. The camera is capable of capturing and recording DCI 4K internally as Canon's Cinema RAW Lite via a CFast 2.0 slot. Two built-in SD card slots enable recording 4K UHD and Full HD as MP4. The included accessories include a handgrip, 4" touch screen LCD viewfinder, which supports "Tap Focusing" and compliments the camera's built-in EVF.
The 24 to 105mm zoom lens covers full frame sensors, so it will not vignette on the Super-35mm-sized sensor of the C200. The lens features a ring-type Ultrasonic Motor AF system and built-in optical image stabilization. You can manually override the auto focus in any AF mode, and the 10-blade iris creates natural looking out of focus highlights. Dust- and water-resistant construction protects the lens and your images.
EOS C200 Cinema Camera (EF-Mount)
Canon's EOS C200 EF Cinema Camera features a built-in EVF, 4" LCD screen, top handle, Super 35mm CMOS sensor, and Dual Pixel Autofocus. The EF lens mount on the EOS C200 offers compatibility not only with Canon's existing broad range of DSLR lenses but also with their line of EF-mount CN-E cinema prime and zoom lenses. The Super 35mm sensor is paired with Canon's Dual DIGIC DV 6 image processor, allowing it to capture and record up to 4K DCI resolution.
The C200 can also record Canon's Cinema RAW Light internally via its single CFast card slot. The camera also incorporates two SD card slots for recording 4K UHD/HD MP4 video. A built-in EVF enables the camera to maintain a small footprint when you shoot. However, the included removable 4" LCD screen as well as the included top handle and camera grip make this camera versatile for larger shoots. You can output video via the camera's SDI output, and the built-in XLR connectors provide two channels of audio at line, mic, and mic+48V level. A built-in Ethernet connector provides input/output control.
Canon Super 35mm CMOS Sensor
Modeled on the Super 35mm motion picture film standard, the Canon CMOS sensor has an active image size of 24.4 x 13.5mm. It features 4096 x 2160 resolution to deliver Cine 4K images, as well as supporting Ultra HD (3840 x 2160), and Full HD (1920 x 1080).
Dual Pixel CMOS AF Technology
Provides continuous AF (Autofocus) function for all autofocus lenses, using Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology. A new AF Lock setting also lets you change the image framing while holding the desired focus. This feature is ideal for users who regularly shoot with smaller crews, who shoot moving subjects, or who want smoother, more natural-looking autofocus.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology features a CMOS sensor that consists of an array of pixels that each feature two separate photodiodes. By continuously comparing their outputs during AF mode, phase-difference autofocus helps ensure non-blurred images and smooth focus transitions even when the talent and/or camera are moving. The new feature places a high priority on maintaining sharp focus while providing a natural, smooth autofocus movement with select Canon EF lenses - including newer-generation STM lenses - which offer even smoother and quieter operation.
Dynamic Range, ISO Range
The C200 features a dynamic range of approximately 13 stops, and an ISO range of 160 to 25,600. You can also select an expanded ISO range of 100 to 102,400. It supports Wide DR Gamma, Canon Log and Canon Log 3.
Dual Canon DIGIC DV 6 Image Processor
The camera features Dual DIGIC DV 6 processors to handle the internal data processing.
Ultra High-Resolution EVF
The EOS C200 features a built-in 0.46", 1.23MP color EVF and 100% field of view coverage for comfortable viewing and accurate judgment of composition, focus, and color. The angle of the viewfinder is adjustable for additional user comfort.
4" LCD Touchscreen Camera Grip and Top Handle
Included with the C200 is a removable 4" Touchscreen LCD viewfinder. Also included with the C200 is a camera control handgrip as well as a removable top handle.
Rich Audio Controls
Built directly into the C200 are two XLR audio inputs with +48V phantom power, and a 3.5mm microphone terminal is also built into the camera. Audio is recorded uncompressed in 16-bit PCM format at 48 kHz for high fidelity sound. Both XLR inputs as well as the mic terminal have the option for automatic as well as manual gain control.
Canon Cinema RAW Light
This codec allows you to record raw data internally to a CFast 2.0 card via the camera's single CFast card slot. The CFast card slot enables capturing DCI 4K in Canon's Cinema RAW Light format.
UHD 4K and Full HD recording onto SD cards is available via the two SD card slots.
- Slow-motion recording, pre-recording, frame recording, interval recording
Relay recording, double slot recording
You can choose to record at 120/100p when recording in Full HD.
- Kelvin setting (setting range: 2000K to 15000K/-20CC to +20CC)
- Set A
- Set B
Other Recording Functions
- Custom picture setting
- Black balance adjustments
- Color bars
- Peaking display
- Zebra display
- My Menu setting
- Waveform monitor display
- Assignable buttons (1-17)
- Key lock
- Marker display
- Enlarged display
- Custom display
- Peripheral illumination correction
- GPS support (GP-E2)
- Monaural microphone
Normal playback, fast forward (at speeds of ×5, ×15, ×60), fast reverse (at speeds of ×5, ×15, ×60), frame forward, frame reverse, rec review
3 x 4 (clip) index screen (raw/MP4/Photo)
EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Lens
An advanced one-lens solution, the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM is a Canon L-series zoom covering wide-angle to short-telephoto focal lengths and featuring a constant f/4 maximum aperture. The version II of this popular lens sports a redeveloped optical design, which includes four aspherical elements to significantly reduce distortion and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range for great sharpness and accurate subject rendering. Individual elements feature an Air Sphere Coating, too, to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color accuracy in harsh lighting conditions.
Complementing the refined optics, this 24-105mm f/4 also sports a ring-type USM and internal focusing mechanism to enable quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance, as well as full-time manual focus override. A four-stop-effective Image Stabilizer is also used to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, this lens is weather-sealed and has a protective fluorine coating on the exposed elements for use in trying environmental conditions.
- Standard wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens is designed for use with full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 38.4-168mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture maintains consistent illumination throughout the zoom range.
- Four glass-molded aspherical elements, including one large-diameter double-sided glass-molded lens, help to minimize distortions and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to maintain edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination.
- An Air Sphere Coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce backlit flaring and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with an internal focusing design, optimized focusing algorithms, and a high-speed CPU, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Rounded ten-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens has a weather-resistant design that protects against dust and moisture to enable its use in inclement conditions. Additionally, fluorine coatings have also been applied to the front and rear lens elements for further protection against fingerprints and smudging.
EOS C200 Cinema Camera (EF-Mount)
|Image Sensor Size||24.6 x 13.8 mm (Super35)|
|Sensor Resolution||4206 x 2340 (9.84 MP)|
|Effective Sensor Resolution||4096 x 2160 (8.85 MP)|
|Pixel Pitch||6.4 µm|
|ISO||160 to 25,600 (Native) |
100 to 102,400 (Expanded)
|Gain||-2 to 42 dB (Native) |
-6 to 54 dB (Expanded)
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Lens Communication||Yes, with Autofocus Support|
|Built-In ND Filter||Mechanical Filter Wheel with 2 Stop (1/4), 4 Stop (1/16), 6 Stop (1/64) ND Filters|
|Built-In Microphone Type||None|
|Recording Media||1 x CFast 2.0 Card Slots |
2 x SDXC Card Slots
|Raw Recording||Cinema RAW Light 12-Bit: |
4096 x 2160 at 24/30 fps (1 Gb/s)
4096 x 2160 at 60 fps (1 Gb/s)
|Recording Modes||XF-AVC 4:2:0 8-Bit: |
3840 x 2160p at 24/30/60 fps (150 MB/s)
1920 x 1080p at 24/30/60/120 fps (35 MB/s)
MP4 4:2:0 8-Bit:
3840 x 2160p at 24/30/60 fps (150 MB/s)
1920 x 1080p at 30/60/120 fps (35 MB/s)
|Audio Recording||4-Channel 16-Bit 48 kHz|
|Screen Resolution||1,230,000 Dots|
|EVF Resolution||1,770,000 Dots|
|Battery Type||Canon BP-A Series|
|Power Connectors||1 x 4-Pin LEMO Input|
|Accessory Mount||1 x 1/4"-20 Female Thread |
1 x Cold Shoe Mount
|Dimensions||5.7 x 6 x 7" / 14.48 x 15.24 x 17.78 cm (Without Grip) |
7 x 6 x 8" / 17.78 x 15.24 x 20.32 cm (With Grip)
|Weight||3.2 lb / 1.5 kg|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||18.4 x 14.4 x 12.8"|
|Focal Length||24 - 105mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/4 |
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||84° - 23° 20'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.48' / 45 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:4.3|
|Optical Design||17 Elements in 12 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||10, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 77 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||3.29 x 4.65" / 83.5 x 118 mm|
|Weight||1.75 lb / 795 g|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||9.1 x 5.5 x 5.4"|