Sony PXW-FS5M2 4K XDCAM Super35mm Compact Camcorder with 18 to 105mm Zoom Lens
- Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- 8.50 LBS
- Super35-Sized CMOS Sensor, E-Mount
- 4K/2K Raw Output with External Recorder
- Full HD up to 120 fps, 240 fps Burst
- Electronic Variable ND Filter
- Dual Media Card Slots
- Optional External Recorder
- 18 to 105mm Zoom Lens Included
Sony's PXW-FS5M2 4K XDCAM Super35mm Compact Camcorder features a familiar body style with improved capabilities. HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) enables both an HDR (high dynamic range) and SDR (standard dynamic range) in-camera workflow for flexibility in post and delivery. Newly tuned picture tone settings provide improved image control.
The camera records internally to dual media card slots and can continuously capture HD at up to 120 fps, with 8-second long bursts at 240 fps. Raw 4K recording is available with the addition of optional external recorders that also allow 4K recording at 50 and 60p. The included 18 to 105mm optical zoom lens features a Sony E-mount and covers the APS-C format. It is equipped with Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, and maintains a constant f/4 aperture.
PXW-FS5M2 4K XDCAM Super 35mm Compact Camcorder
Sony's PXW-FS5M2 4K XDCAM Super 35mm Compact Camcorder features a familiar body style with improved capabilities. Hybrid Log Gamma enables both an HDR (high dynamic range) and SDR (standard dynamic range) in-camera workflow for flexibility in post and delivery. Newly tuned picture tone settings provide improved image control.
The camera records internally to dual media card slots and can continuously capture HD at up to 120 fps, with 8-second long bursts at 240 fps. Raw 4K recording is available with the addition of optional external recorders that also allow 4K recording at 50 and 60p.
High Frame Recoding
The FS5M2 offers high frame rate (HFR) cache recording at Full HD 10-bit 4:2:2 image quality, and a frame rate of up to 240 fps 8-second cache recording on to SDXC cards. The FS5M2 also records continuous 120 fps internally in Full HD. Higher frame rates of 480 and 960 fps are possible at specific resolutions. The <br
FS5M2 delivers slow-motion imagery, including four seconds of 120 fps in 4K and continuous 240 fps in 2K raw when used with a compatible third-party external recorder.
4K Super 35 Exmor Sensor
The camera is built around a high-sensitivity 4K Super 35 Exmor Sensor that offers fast image readout speeds required for 4K motion picture shooting and super slow motion.
Variable ND Filter
A built-in electronic variable neutral density (ND) filter expands the depth of field capability of its large format sensor. Unlike conventional optical ND filters, the electronic ND filter can be controlled from 1/4 to 1/128 ND linearly. ND filters can also be set to auto, obviating the need to change filters as lighting conditions change.
Nine picture profiles include ones customized for S-Log2, S-Log3, and a profile specifically tuned to provide vibrant, high contrast visuals. Each profile can be customized to suit your specific requirements and switched between in seconds.
Clear Image Zoom
This proprietary technology can enlarge the image by an additional 200% in Full HD and 150% in 4K. It is also compatible with fixed focal length lenses, so you can zoom into a scene while using a prime lens.
- Live stream from any event thanks to a choice of Wi-Fi or built-in wired LAN.
- Control your camera from your smartphone or tablet.
- Built-in NFC supports one-touch authentication possible with appropriate devices.
- Be first with breaking news thanks to a built-in wired LAN jack for high-speed FTP transfer of full-resolution content.
- GPS function automatically records GPS data.
E PZ 18-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens
Have all the essential focal lengths covered with this E PZ 18-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens from Sony. Designed for APS-C-format E-mount cameras, this lens offers an extremely versatile 27-157.5mm zoom range and has a constant f/4 aperture for consistency through all focal lengths. Making this lens a great choice for both stills and video is the implementation of a power zoom mechanism and Handycam technology that provides smooth, quiet zooming and focusing. Also, it uses two extra-low dispersion elements and three aspherical elements to combat aberrations for crisp, clean images.
On top of these features, the lens is equipped with Optical SteadyShot image stabilization to help reduce the effects of camera shake, especially at longer focal lengths. The lens benefits from an internal focus design that ensures that the overall length of the lens does not change during focusing. Additionally, it offers a minimum focus distance of 1.5' and uses a seven-blade circular diaphragm for smooth bokeh.
- A versatile mid-range zoom for APS-C-format E-mount cameras, this 18-105mm lens provides a wide-angle to short telephoto 27-157.5mm equivalent focal length that works for anything from vast landscapes to tight portraits to distant subjects.
- A constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also lends greater control over focus position for shallow depth of field techniques.
- Two extra-low dispersion glass elements are featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Three aspherical elements, including one Advanced Aspherical (AA), are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- Enjoy smooth zooms ideal for shooting movies with the power zoom mechanism which uses Handycam technology from Sony's well-regarded camcorders.
- An internal focus design contributes to fast autofocus speeds and the minimum focus distance of 1.5' and easier handling as the lens maintains its overall length.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
|Image Sensor Size||Super35|
|Sensor Resolution||4096 x 2160|
|Effective Sensor Resolution||3840 x 2160|
|Gain||0 to 30 dB (Native)|
|Lens Mount||Sony E-Mount|
|Internal Filter Holder||No|
|Built-In ND Filter||Mechanical Filter Wheel with 2 Stop (1/4), 4 Stop (1/16), 6 Stop (1/64) ND Filters and a 1/4 to 1/128 Stop Electronic ND Filter|
|Built-In Microphone Type||Stereo|
|Recording Media||1 x SDXC/Memory Stick PRO Duo Hybrid Card Slot |
1 x SDXC Card Slot
|Recording Modes||XAVC 4:2:0: |
3840 x 2160p at 23.98/25/29.97 fps
1920 x 1080p at 50/59.94 fps (50 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080i at 50/59.94 fps (50 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080p at 23.98/25/29.97 fps (50 Mb/s)
1280 x 720p at 50/59.94 fps (50 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080p at 50/59.94 fps (28 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080i at 50/59.94 fps (24 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080p at 23.98/25/29.97 fps (24 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080i at 50/59.94 fps (17 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080p at 23.98/25/29.97 fps (17 Mb/s)
1280 x 720p at 50/59.94 fps (24 Mb/s)
|Gamma Curve||S-log2, S-log3|
|Raw Output||SDI/BNC: |
4096 x 2160 10-Bit at 60 fps
|Video Connectors||1 x BNC (3G-SDI) Output |
1 x HDMI Output
1 x Multi/Micro USB A/V Output
|Audio Connectors||2 x 3-Pin XLR Mic/Line Level (+48 V Phantom Power) Input|
|Other I/O||1 x RJ45 LAN |
1 x 2.5 mm Control
|Wireless Interfaces||2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, NFC|
|Screen Resolution||1,560,000 Dots|
|EVF Display Type||OLED|
|EVF Resolution||1,440,000 Dots|
|Battery Type||Sony BP-U Series|
|Power Consumption||≥12.6 W|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 140°F / 0 to 60°C|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 140°F / -20 to 60°C|
|Accessory Mount||1 x Multi-Interface Shoe|
|Dimensions||4.38 x 5.07 x 6.79" / 111.3 x 128.7 x 172.4 mm (With Protrusions)|
|Weight||1.8 lb / 830.0 g|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||12.2 x 11.6 x 10.4"|
|Focal Length||18 - 105mm |
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 27 - 157.5 mm
|Aperture||Maximum: f/4 |
|Camera Mount Type||Sony E|
|Angle of View||77° - 15°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.48' / 45 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:9.09|
|Optical Design||16 Elements in 12 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 72 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||3.07 x 4.33" / 78 x 110 mm|
|Weight||15.06 oz / 427 g|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.8 x 4.2 x 3.9"|