Sony PXW-FS5M2 4K XDCAM Super 35mm Compact Camcorder
- 8.50 LBS
- Super 35-Sized CMOS Sensor, E-Mount
- 4K/2K Raw Output with External Recorder
- Full HD up to 120 fps, 240 fps Burst
- Electronic Variable ND Filter
- Dual Media Card Slots
- Optional External Recorder
Sony's PXW-FS5M2 4K XDCAM Super 35mm Compact Camcorder features a familiar body style with improved capabilities. Hybrid Log Gamma enables both an HDR (high dynamic range) and SDR (standard dynamic range) in-camera workflow for flexibility in post and delivery. Newly tuned picture tone settings provide improved image control.
The camera records internally to dual media card slots and can continuously capture HD at up to 120 fps, with 8-second long bursts at 240 fps. Raw 4K recording is available with the addition of optional external recorders that also allow 4K recording at 50 and 60p.
- High Frame Recoding
- The FS5M2 offers high frame rate (HFR) cache recording at Full HD 10-bit 4:2:2 image quality, and a frame rate of up to 240 fps 8-second cache recording on to SDXC cards. The FS5M2 also records continuous 120 fps internally in Full HD. Higher frame rates of 480 and 960 fps are possible at specific resolutions. The <br
- FS5M2 delivers slow-motion imagery, including four seconds of 120 fps in 4K and continuous 240 fps in 2K raw when used with a compatible third-party external recorder.
- 4K Super 35 Exmor Sensor
- The camera is built around a high-sensitivity 4K Super 35 Exmor Sensor that offers fast image readout speeds required for 4K motion picture shooting and super slow motion.
- Variable ND Filter
- A built-in electronic variable neutral density (ND) filter expands the depth of field capability of its large format sensor. Unlike conventional optical ND filters, the electronic ND filter can be controlled from 1/4 to 1/128 ND linearly. ND filters can also be set to auto, obviating the need to change filters as lighting conditions change.
- Picture Profiles
- Nine picture profiles include ones customized for S-Log2, S-Log3, and a profile specifically tuned to provide vibrant, high contrast visuals. Each profile can be customized to suit your specific requirements and switched between in seconds.
- Clear Image Zoom
- This proprietary technology can enlarge the image by an additional 200% in Full HD and 150% in 4K. It is also compatible with fixed focal length lenses, so you can zoom into a scene while using a prime lens.
- Live stream from any event thanks to a choice of Wi-Fi or built-in wired LAN.
- Control your camera from your smartphone or tablet.
- Built-in NFC supports one-touch authentication possible with appropriate devices.
- Be first with breaking news thanks to a built-in wired LAN jack for high-speed FTP transfer of full-resolution content.
- GPS function automatically records GPS data.
|Image Sensor Size||Super35|
|Sensor Resolution||4096 x 2160|
|Effective Sensor Resolution||3840 x 2160|
|Gain||0 to 30 dB (Native)|
|Lens Mount||Sony E-Mount|
|Internal Filter Holder||No|
|Built-In ND Filter||Mechanical Filter Wheel with 2 Stop (1/4), 4 Stop (1/16), 6 Stop (1/64) ND Filters and a 1/4 to 1/128 Stop Electronic ND Filter|
|Built-In Microphone Type||Stereo|
|Recording Media||1 x SDXC/Memory Stick PRO Duo Hybrid Card Slot
1 x SDXC Card Slot
|Recording Modes||XAVC 4:2:0:
3840 x 2160p at 23.98/25/29.97 fps
1920 x 1080p at 50/59.94 fps (50 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080i at 50/59.94 fps (50 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080p at 23.98/25/29.97 fps (50 Mb/s)
1280 x 720p at 50/59.94 fps (50 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080p at 50/59.94 fps (28 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080i at 50/59.94 fps (24 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080p at 23.98/25/29.97 fps (24 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080i at 50/59.94 fps (17 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080p at 23.98/25/29.97 fps (17 Mb/s)
1280 x 720p at 50/59.94 fps (24 Mb/s)
|Gamma Curve||S-log2, S-log3|
4096 x 2160 10-Bit at 60 fps
|Video Connectors||1 x BNC (3G-SDI) Output
1 x HDMI Output
1 x Multi/Micro USB A/V Output
|Audio Connectors||2 x 3-Pin XLR Mic/Line Level (+48 V Phantom Power) Input|
|Other I/O||1 x RJ45 LAN
1 x 2.5 mm Control
|Wireless Interfaces||2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, NFC|
|Screen Resolution||1,560,000 Dots|
|EVF Display Type||OLED|
|EVF Resolution||1,440,000 Dots|
|Battery Type||Sony BP-U Series|
|Power Consumption||≥12.6 W|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 140°F / 0 to 60°C|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 140°F / -20 to 60°C|
|Accessory Mount||1 x Multi-Interface Shoe|
|Dimensions||4.38 x 5.07 x 6.79" / 111.3 x 128.7 x 172.4 mm (With Protrusions)|
|Weight||1.8 lb / 830.0 g|
|Package Weight||8.3 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||12.2 x 11.6 x 10.4"|