SHAPE Panasonic GH5 Cage Kit with Matte Box & Follow Focus
- Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- 8.00 LBS
The Panasonic GH5 Cage Kit from SHAPE is a complete camera rig support that includes a cage specifically designed for the Panasonic LUMIX GH5 camera, a REVOLT top handle, a 4 x 4" matte box, a snap-on follow focus unit, a quick release baseplate, a padded shoulder pad, an adjustable 15mm rods bloc system, a pair of 18" long 15mm rods, and a quick handle with rod bloc. This rig allows for handheld, as well as shoulder-mounted, video shooting.
The entire system will amplify your abilities and allow for quick customization while retaining full access to your camera's controls, ports, and slots. Also, the camera will not rotate when secured in the cage, which has numerous 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threads for accessories, as well as an HDMI cable protector lock. The setup also features a support bracket for the Metabones EF adapter.
The follow focus snaps onto the 15mm LWS rods, so you can add or remove the follow focus without having to remove other rod-mounted accessories. The matte box features a rod-mounted swing-away design for 4 x 4" filters, with two rotating stages.
The Panasonic GH5 Cage with Shoulder Mountfrom SHAPE is a camera rig support that allows for handheld, as well as shoulder-mounted, video shooting. It includes a cage specifically designed for the Panasonic LUMIX GH5 camera, a REVOLT top handle grip, a quick release baseplate, a mini composite shoulder pad, an adjustable 15mm rod bloc system, a pair of 18" long 15mm rods, and quick handle with rod bloc. The cage is made from CNC Machined aluminum, wrapping securely around the camera body and preventing unwanted rotation. it provides numerous 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 accessory threads, as well as an HDMI cable protector lock. The setup also features a support bracket for the Metabones EF adapter.
The Shape Friction & Gear Follow-Focus Clic with Adjustable Marker is designed to attach onto standard 15mm rods of shoulder support rigs and other rigs. It attaches onto them via a clamp system, with simplicity. You would sit the Clic atop the rods, and then slide and close a Shape-patented lever clamp underneath the rods, and the lever locks and holds the Clic securely on the rods.
The Clic's focus mechanism also works with a clamp system, which when unlocked loosens the focus mechanism and allows it to be moved horizontally. It moves so to adjust itself closer to the lens. As it moves, its main feature -- the focus disk -- moves with it, and the focus disk is what reaches the lens. The focus disk can either be a friction wheel, as you see in the photo above, or a gear wheel. Both are present in this package, and replacing one with the other is accomplished with the help of the included Allen wrench. The friction wheel has a rubber outer surface that would press up against the lens, keep firm contact with it, and ensure accurate and slip-free focusing. The friction wheel would serve well for most lenses and is made of high-quality rubber that in cold temperatures won't get too cold to lose its grip. The gear wheel would accommodate those lenses that specifically have teeth on their focusing rings, and it would do so without any ring gears, by pressing its .8 pitch gears into the teeth.
The focus mechanism can be used on either the left or the right side of the lens, depending on the direction you place the Clic onto the rods in. And the focus disk itself can be used either in front of the focus mechanism, as you see in the photo above, or behind it, so to accommodate a wider variety of lens lengths. To move the disk to the rear, you would first just unscrew two screws from a cube-shaped gearbox that you can't see in the photo above because it sits behind the focus disk. Once the screws are off, the focus disk can just be flipped over for use with longer lens constructions.
In the photo above, the white mark disk that you see to the right of the red knob is made of highly resistant Delrin thermoplastic. It can be written on with non-permanent markers to mark up focus measurements for various predetermined shots, and it is interchangeable and thereby many predetermined measurements can be kept ready at your side. Additionally, a slide-adjustable marker made of aluminum is included to be attached beside the mark disk and to be moved and tightened into positions along the disk.
The Clic is CNC machined and made of lightweight anodized aluminum for strength and durability.
- Designed to attach onto standard 15mm rods.
- Attaches onto the rods via a patented clamp system.
- The focus mechanism moves horizontally to adjust to the lens.
- The focus mechanism can be used on the left or right side of the lens.
- A friction wheel and a gear wheel are included to interchange as the focus disk.
- The focus disk flips to the rear of the focus mechanism to accommodate longer lenses.
- A thermoplastic mark disk can be written on with non-permanent markers and is interchangeable.
- An included marker attaches beside the mark disk and slides and tightens into positions along the disk.
The SHAPE 2-Stage 4 x 4" Matte Box accepts lenses with up to a 100mm front outside diameter. It mounts to 15mm LWS rods and utilizes a swing-away design, which lets you perform quick lens changes without having to remove the matte box from your rods. You can adjust the height of the matte box in relation to the rods, which comes in handy when your lens center to rod center height is slightly off from the standard.
Two rotating filter stages support the use of 4x4" filters. The matte box comes with a top flag (eyebrow), side flags, four matte box donuts in 66, 72, 82, and 90mm sizes, and elastic donut.
- The matte box has a rear opening of 100mm for lenses.
- The included anti-reflection donuts prevent light behind the camera from reflecting off any filters in the matte box and degrading the image. Included with the matte box are anti-reflection donuts for lenses with a front outside diameter of 66, 72, 82, and 90mm. The included elastic donut supports lenses with a front outside diameter between 66 and 90mm, and it is especially useful with lenses that grow and shrink as you change focus or zoom.
- The side flags incorporate a hook design as a safety feature where they attach to the matte box. This helps prevent them from falling out of the matte box should the lock-down thumbscrew loosen accidentally.
- The swing-away bracket incorporates a height adjustment, enabling you to compensate a total of 0.65" vertically. This allows you to use this matte box with a variety of camera/rod support combinations that may vary slightly from the industry standard 85mm distance from LWS rod center to lens port center.