- 16 Custom Dolly Track Wheels
- Soft Polyurethane Track Wheels
- ABEC-7-Rated Precision Bearings
- Wheel Trucks Swivel for Curved Track
- For 1.5 to 1.9" O.D. Pipe
- Supports 100 lb of Camera & Accessories
- Center Support
- Includes 75 & 100mm Bowl Adapaters
- 1/4"-20 & 3/8"-16 Accessory Holes
- Designed & Made in The USA
The_Dana Dolly Portable Dolly System_with universal track ends is a heavy duty camera dolly platform that rides on 16 custom modified soft polyurethane wheels that resist flat spotting and use ABEC-7-rated precision bearings providing you with extremely smooth dolly shots. The wheel trucks swivel, allowing the dolly to ride on available straight or curved track, which you must source separately. The manufacturer recommends using standard speed rail or Schedule 80 aluminum pipe of compatible size. The dolly includes two universal track ends, which accept pipe from 1.5" up to 1.9" O.D., and fit into available standard Junior stand receivers or 5/8" Baby pins.. A center support is included for long track runs or when using heavy cameras.
The dolly platform is machined from aluminum and features a standard Mitchell mount including a 2.75" center hole with a machined key way. The included 75mm and 100mm bowl adapters allow you to mount fluid heads with standard 75mm or 100mm leveling balls. The platform incorporates one 3/8" through hole, one 1/4"-20 threaded hole, and one 3/8"-16 threaded hole on each side of the dolly platform for a total of 6 accessory mounting holes. The Dana dolly is designed and manufactured in the USA.
- Custom Machined Track Wheels
- The key to the Dana dolly's smooth ride are the 16 custom machined track wheels.
- The wheels are custom made soft, then turned down to be round within 1/1000 of an inch to eliminate the bounce that normal skateboard wheels suffer from.
- You can park the dolly with 100 pounds of camera and accessories on the track at 100_ F for an hour without the wheels flat spotting.
- Another benefit from the machining the wheels is reduced squeak during use.
- The wheels are custom modified 16 at a time on a special machine, providing uniformity.
- Wheel Trucks
- The wheel trucks can swivel on the dolly, which allows it to ride on straight and curved track.
- A felt washer separates the dolly platform from the wheel trucks, helping to reduce noise.
- The included T-Tool features a 1/2, 9/16, and 3/8" ends.
- It allows you to tighten the wheel trucks using the 9/16th end to suit your taste.
- Mitchell Mount
- The Mitchell mount features an elongated key way, allowing you to use non standard adapters.
- Track Supports
- Track supports fit into available standard Junior stand receivers or 5/8" Baby pin, although Dana Dolly recommends the use of available beefy baby stands at a minimum and to avoid thin walled aluminum stands
|Material of Construction||Dolly Platform |
Machined 6061 Aluminum
16 x Soft Polyurethane
ABEC-7 rated precision bearings
|Load Capacity||100 lb (45.4 kg)|
|Head Fitting||Incorporated: Mitchell Mount |
With Included Adapters: 75/100mm
Available Adpaters: 150mm
|Accessory Mounting||2 x 3/8" Through Hole |
2 x 1/4"-20 Threaded
2 x 3/8"-16 Threaded
|Track Format||Outer Diameter: 1.5 to 1.9" (3.8 to 4.8 cm) |
Truck Distance: Just under 12" (30.5 cm) on center
|Temperature||Max: 100_F (37.8_C)|
|Dimensions (L x W)||14 x 10" (35.6 x 25.4 cm)|
|Weight||13 lb (5.9 kg)|
|Package Weight||25.8 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||20.7 x 20.4 x 9.2"|