Tilta ES-T17 Handheld Camera Cage Rig for Sony a7 & a7 II Series Camera
- 3.55 LBS
- Fits a7, a7R, a7S, a7 II, a7S II, a7R II
- Form-Fitted Armor Cage
- Arri Rosette for Optional Handgrip
- Unobstructed SD Card and Battery Access
- Orientable Top Handle
- Micro-HDMI to HDMI Adapter Cable & Mount
- Quick Release from Rod Support
- 2 x 12" Long 15mm Rods
- EF and PL Mount Adapter Supports
Protecting your Sony a7-series camera and improving its hand held ergonomics for shooting are just two of the many features of the Tilta ES-T17 Handheld Camera Cage Rig. The precision-machined, form-fitting cage is made from aluminum alloy, providing a balance between durability and strength, and has with numerous threaded 1/4"-20 accessory mounting points.
Once the camera is mounted in the cage, the included HDMI plug protector connects the included micro-HDMI to HDMI cable to the camera's micro-HDMI port and is clamped in place, providing a full-sized HDMI connector. This makes it easier to connect HDMI cables and means you don't have to worry about wearing out or damaging the micro-HDMI port by repeatedly plugging and unplugging a micro-HDMI cable into your camera body. The HDMI plug protector clamps the micro-HDMI adapter cable in place and also attaches to the cage itself, acting as a strain relief and providing a platform for the full-sized HDMI connector to attach, so it doesn't just dangle freely.
The cage features an Arri rosette for an optional handgrip as well as a removable top handle that features 1/4"-20 accessory mounting points and a cold shoe. The cage also includes a 15mm LWS support rod system, featuring rod clamps, a pair of 12" threaded rods, and three 1/4"-20 threaded helical coil inserts for attaching the rod support system to a separately available QR/Sliding baseplate, tripod, or other 1/4"-20 mounting equipment.
The cage attaches to the included 15mm LWS support rods via a quick release system that allows you to easily remove the cage from the rods, for a minimum-sized shooting package, or quickly remount the camera to the rods when working with rod-mounted accessories. The design of the system ensures that the lens' center height to the rods conforms to industry standards for using rod-mounted accessories. The included EF and PL supports work with available Metabones EF and PL mount adapters (must be purchased separately).
- The cage includes two removable mounting rails, one for the a7, a7S, and a7R, and the second for the a7 II, a7S II, and a7R II.
- This form-fitting cage features 89 1/4"-20 threaded mounting holes, useful for attaching accessories like the included single 15mm rod clamp.
- The top handle features an accessory cold shoe mount, and it can be oriented either facing forward, rear, or to either side. It mounts via a top rail and can be slid on and off from either side. Integrated into the top handle are nine 3/8"-16 and twelve 1/4"-20 threaded accessory mounting holes.
- The 15mm LWS support rod system features three 1/4"-20 helical coil inserts for tripod mounting and an integrated Tilta-compatible dovetail (dovetail plate not included).
- Included lens mount adapter supports are compatible with Metabones EF and PL-to-E-mount adapters.
- Locking levers are of the standard Tilta spring-loaded design.
Tilta ES-T17 Specs
|Material of Construction||Aluminum|
|Threaded Holes||1/4"-20: 89
|Weight||9.3 oz / 264 g|
|Mounting||NATO-type Mounting Rail
Shoe Mounts: 1
1/4"-20 Threaded Holes: 2
3/8"-16 Threaded Holes: 1
|Weight||6.7 oz / 190 g|
|Rail Type||1 x a7/a7S/a7R
1 x a7 II/a7S II/a7R II
|Type||1 x 15 mm LWS rod clamps
1 x 15 mm single rod clamp
|Type||Diameter: 15 mm
Length: 12" / 304.8 mm
Weight: 3 oz / 84 g
|Package Weight||3.55 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||14.2 x 8.3 x 5.9"|