Schneider 138mm Unmounted Circular Polarizer Filter
- Schneider Optics
- Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- 0.30 LBS
Unmounted Circular Polarizer Filter
For Third-Party or Custom Holders
2.77x Filter Factor, +1.47 Stops
Helps to Eliminate Reflections and Glare
Reduces Haze in Landscapes
Greater Color and Tonal Saturation
Water White Optical Glass
The_Schneider 138mm Unmounted Circular Polarizer Filter_helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarized due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarizing filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A circular polarizer only differs from a linear polarizer in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarizing filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarize the linearly polarized light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polarizer, auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarized, it permits the use of these functions.
This filter is non-coated and delivers approximately 38% average light transmission. Constructed from Water White optical glass, it is 138mm in diameter and unmounted for use in third-party or custom filter holders.
- __ Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- __ Unmounted for use in third-party or custom filter holders for film and television cameras.
- __ Polarizing filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- __ Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- __ Strongest effect when used at a 90_ angle from the sun.
- __ Circular polarizers are ideal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features.
- __ Non-coated.
- __ Approximately 38% average light transmission.
- __ 2.77x filter factor reduces exposure by 1.47 stops.
- __ Constructed from Water White optical glass.
- __ Filter Pouch for storage and transport.
|Filter Factor||2.77 (1.47 stop)|
|Effect||Eliminates reflections and haze and improves color and tonal saturation|
|Construction||Water White optical glass|
|Front Filter Thread Size||None|
|Front Lens Cap Size||None|