Panasonic HC-WXF991K 4K Ultra HD Camcorder with Twin Camera
- 1.00 LBS
- 4K Ultra HD Video at 24/30 fps
- 1/2.3" BSI MOS Sensor
- 20x Leica Dicomar Optical Zoom Lens
- Twin Camera & Wireless Multi-Camera
- Tilting 0.24" EVF / 3.0" Touchscreen LCD
- 5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S.+ and Level Shot
- In-Camera 4K Cropping and Editing
- Built-In Cinema-Like Effects
- Capture Stills from 4K Video Frames
- HDR Movie Mode
Combining 4K Ultra HD video recording with in-camera editing, and creative effects, the Panasonic HC-WXF991K 4K Ultra HD Camcorder offers simple yet powerful operation to enable users of all levels to capture high-quality 4K UHD and Full HD video. Featuring Wireless Multi-Camera functionality, the camcorder supports up to two picture-in-picture video feeds using Wi-Fi connected mobile devices or the secondary camera built into the flip-out LCD screen. This enables you to capture multiple angles and viewpoints simultaneously for a unique video experience.
The camcorder features a 1/2.3" backside-illuminated (BSI) MOS sensor with an 8.29 megapixel effective resolution that combines with a Crystal Engine 4K image processor to support 4K UHD video at 24/30 fps and 1080p video up to 60 fps. The camera is also able to take up to 25.9 megapixel interpolated still images, and also offers the ability to extract still photos directly from your 4K video frames using the 4K Photo Mode. Other advanced features include built-in cinema-like effects, an HDR Movie mode, and in-camera 4K editing tools that allow you to perform in-camera cropping, zooming, panning, tracking, and stabilizing to your 4K footage. The edited video is saved in 1080p resolution.
Optically, the camcorder utilizes a Leica Dicomar lens that provides a 20x optical zoom range and a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 30.8mm at the wide end. Intelligent zoom boosts that range up to 40x for Full HD and 25x for 4K recording. To keep excessive image vibration to a minimum, for steadier handheld shooting, the HC-WXF991K features Panasonic's HYBRID O.I.S.+, which combines optical and digital image stabilization to provide 5-axis correction, which can be combined with Panasonic's Level Shot function to produce clearer, level, and more stable looking hand-held footage.
The camcorder's built-in Wi-Fi supports the Wireless Multi-Camera feature, along with other functionality through the Panasonic Image App. These functions include remote camera control, live image monitoring, and file uploading directly to social media sites. Once connected to your smartphone, you can even live stream video using USTREAM to share moments and events with your friends and family as they are being recorded. Additionally, there's a Baby Monitor function which lets you use your smartphone to quickly check in on a sleeping baby in another room.
- Twin Camera
- The HC-WXF991 features a secondary camera built into the edge of the LCD monitor. This additional camera provides 270° panning and ±20° tilting for recording two angles simultaneously. The video from the secondary camera is recorded in a sub-window for picture-in-picture recording. A backup function allows you to simultaneously record images with and without the sub-window for greater flexibility during post. The twin camera operation also features a narration mode which emphasizes the user's voice during recording-a feature that is particularly useful when the sub-camera is capturing a close-up of the user's face.
5.27 Megapixel, 1/4" MOS sensor
37.2mm (35mm equivalent), f/2.2 lens
- Wireless Multi-Camera
- Wireless Multi-Camera expands the picture-in-picture recording of Twin Camera by letting you can connect up to three mobile devices over Wi-Fi and use two of them to record picture-in-picture images. This makes it easy and fun to capture multiple angles and viewpoints at once.
- In-Camera 4K Cropping and Editing Tools
- Built-in editing tools allow you to crop your 4K video and add effects such as zooming, panning, tracking, and stabilizing. The edited videos are saved at 1080p resolution.
- 4K Photo Mode
- Pause and extract 4K (8.29 megapixel) still images from 4K video frames using the 4K Photo Mode.
- Cinema-Like Effects
- Cinema-Like Effects allow you to simulate shooting techniques seen in films, such as Slow & Quick Video, Slow Zoom, Dolly Zoom, and Slow Motion Video.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) Movie Mode
- By combining two images taken with different exposure times, the HDR Movie function suppresses blown highlights and blocked shadows for crisper, clearer videos. With HDR you can maintain gradation in your images in difficult shooting situations, like when your subject is back-lit.
- Tilting EVF
- A convenient 0.24" electronic viewfinder improves viewing in bright daylight, while a slide and tilt mechanism provides increased flexibility for more comfortable recording.
- 5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S.+
- Stabilized on 5 axes (pan, tilt, and roll axes, plus horizontal and vertical directions), the HYBRID O.I.S+ suppresses blurring and jitters in your videos when not using a tripod or other stabilizer.
- Level Shot Function
- Level Shot automatically detects and corrects tilting in images. It can be adjusted to three different levels-OFF, Normal or Strong-depending on shooting conditions.
- Wi-Fi Functionality
- In addition to Wireless Multi-Camera, the camera is also able to take advantage of remote control and image sharing from a smartphone or tablet using Panasonic's mobile app. Once connected to your smartphone, you can even live stream video using USTREAM to share moments and events with your friends and family as they are being recorded.
Built-in Wi-Fi also enables you to take advantage of the Baby Monitor feature, which lets you use your smartphone to quickly check in on a sleeping baby in another room when both the camcorder and mobile device are connected to the same home network. You also have the ability to speak to your baby via your smartphone or have a notification sent to you when the camera detects that your baby is crying.