- Four-channel motor driver (Focus, Iris, Zoom, and user-configurable AUX) for digital lens motors
- Connects wirelessly to Preston G4 hand controls
- Dual Serial ports allow connection to the Light Ranger 2 and firmware updates
- Analog port enables direct connection to Micro Force and broadcast-style controls
- USB port available for firmware updates and lens metadata
The dual Serial ports allow connection to the Light Ranger 2 and other distance measurement systems such as the CineTape and Sniper. The MDR-3 transmits that distance information wirelessly to the HU3, where it is displayed in large, clear numbers. Firmware updates can be loaded through either Serial port or the mini USB port.
The Analog port lets you plug a Micro Force or broadcast-style control directly into the MDR-3, controlling the motor of your choice as configured in the HU3 Mode menu.
The Serial and USB ports also enable real-time lens metadata retrieval, outputting either mapped lens positions or raw digital motor encoder counts. You can jam the internal clock of the MDR-3 through the T/C port, and this timestamp will appear in the metadata stream as well, making it easy to extract and utilize lens position information for post-production.
- On-The-Go (OTG) Mini USB adapter cable
|Dimensions||4in x 4in x 1.5in (+ antenna)|
|Display||Wireless channel (top and side)|
|Frequency Band||2.4 GHz|
|Maximum Current Draw||4A (at 24VDC)|
|Motor Channels||Up to 4 (Focus, Iris, Zoom, Aux)|
|Operating Temperature||0F to 122F|
|Wireless Range||300m (line of sight)|