The VL-2 is a two-channel, sequential Li-Ion (Lithium-Ion) fast charger with a built-in 60W power supply. Up to two Li-Ion Endura V-mount batteries can be charged in 5 hours.
- The VL-2 offers a lightweight design (3.3lbs) with a convenient built-in handle.
- The highly reliable V-Mount, battery mount is becoming more and more prevalent on many new broadcast and professional camcorders. In response, IDX has adapted the design of their batteries and chargers to with the V-Mount design.
- Condition Indicator
- An LED condition indicator is offers a quick glance of each batteries charge status.
- Battery Chemistries
- The optional A-E2NP allows the VL-2 to charge NP style batteries of any one of the following chemistries:
- Li-Ion (Lithium Ion)
- NiCd (Nickel Cadmium)
- NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride)
- Power Supply
- A standard 4-Pin Canon type connector is available on the front panel for 60 watts of DC power.
- Red (charging)
- Green (complete/trickle)
- Orange (battery fault)
- World-Wide AC Power
- As with all IDX chargers, the VL-2's power switch is recessed to prevent an accidental loss of power. A world-wide, auto-sensing AC power (AC 100-240V) operation is standard.