The Atomos 7" Shogun Ultra Monitor-Recorder is everything you'd expect from a Shogun. Perfect for HDMI mirrorless and SDI cinematic cameras, with enhanced camera to cloud connectivity. The Shogun Ultra is your gateway to amazingly fast and productive cloud workflows. So much more than a super-bright monitor recorder, it takes you to new heights of productivity and collaborative creativity. Efficient cloud-based workflow options include dual ProRes RAW/H.265 recording for Camera to Cloud, automated matching file names with popular cine-style cameras, and 4K H.265 capture for instant publishing from the cloud. Partnering with industry-leading camera manufacturers ensures that the Shogun Ultra will work seamlessly with an increasingly wide range of cameras.
- The 7" Shogun Ultra features the new AtomOS 11 operating system with EL Zone exposure-referenced colorized images, ARRI false color, and new scheduled recording and playback tools.
- An increased number of standard codecs include up to 8K Apple ProRes Raw, DNxHD, and H.265.
- More Codecs: the 7" Shogun Ultra's additional standard codecs include 8K Apple ProRes Raw, DNxHD, and H.265.
- Dual Recording: the ability to record full-quality Apple ProRes Raw files at rates up to UHD 4K 60p while at the same time recording 1080p 60 to H.265 makes the 7" Shogun Ultra ideal for use with cine-style cameras.
- Matched Files: file name matching provides easier workflows with ARRI, Canon, RED, and Sony cameras.
- Improved Monitoring: improved monitoring functions include EL ZONE System exposure and ARRI false color.
- RemoteView: this new feature enables you to share live views from your screen over the internet.
NDI TX Option
- Use the optional NDI transmission function to send high-quality video over ordinary networks (including Wi-Fi and mobile) using remarkably low bandwidth requirements.
- NDI is increasingly being used in live production, and now your Shogun can be part of an NDI environment.
- The NDI TX option turns your Shogun into an NDI source, visible to all other authorized devices on the network.
- The Shogun Ultra's super-bright, large 7" screen is viewable in almost every kind of light: indoors, outdoors, or anywhere you need critical, instantly viewable feedback on your images.
- I2000 cd/m² brightness makes the Shogun Ultra ideal for checking your HDR footage while you’re still on set.
- Play back your recently captured shots on the same pristine screen for reviewing or even uploading to the cloud.
- The Shogun Ultra's durable housing is suitable for use in all environments.
- Use the built-in tally light to quickly see the recording status.
- The solid Wi-Fi and AirGlu RF antennas ensure stable transmission.
- Power the Shogun Ultra using the L-series battery plate on the back of each monitor or optional DC power input.
- Mount this monitor-recorder using the 3/8”-16 threads on the top and bottom or use the included 1/4”-20 adapter.
- The Shogun Ultra has a built-in slot for the included Master Caddy III, an SD card slot that supports cards up to 4TB, and CFast II card compatibility using an SSDmini adapter to record as long as your media allows.
- The USB-C port can be used to add options and for future AtomOS updates.