- Mounted Circular Polarizer Filter
- For ARRI F4-Compatible Matte Boxes
- Rotatable, Water White Glass
- Aluminum-Alloy Filter Tray
- 2.3x Filter Factor, +1.2 Stops
- Helps to Eliminate Reflections and Glare
- Reduces Haze in Landscapes
- Greater Color and Tonal Saturation
- Integrated Lock for Polarizer Filter
The ARRI Rota Pola Frame helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarized due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarizing filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A circular polarizer only differs from a linear polarizer in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarizing filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarize the linearly polarized light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polarizer, auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarized, it permits the use of these functions.
Constructed from Water White glass for increased clarity as well as color fidelity, this filter is mounted within an aluminum-alloy filter tray for use in matte boxes that can accommodate ARRI F4 filter frames. To adjust the intensity of the polarization effect, an external dial on the filter tray allows for the independent rotation of the circular polarizer. Once the desired effect has been achieved, the filter tray's integrated lock can then be used to ensure that the position of the polarizer filter remains unchanged.
- Compatible with matte boxes that can accommodate ARRI F4 filter trays.
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Polarizing filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun.
- 2.3x filter factor reduces exposure by +1.2 stops.
- Constructed from Water White glass for clarity and mounted within an aluminum-alloy filter tray.
- External dial on filter tray allows for the rotation of the polarizer filter to adjust the intensity of the polarization effect.
- Filter tray's integrated lock can be used to ensure that the position of the polarizer filter and its effect remains unchanged.
|Filter Type||Circular Polarizer|
|Filter Factor||2.3x (1.2-Stop)|
|Package Weight||0.73 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||8.85 x 8.25 x 1.75"|