- ALEXA 35 Camera Body with Cine License
- LPL Mount (LBUS) & PL-to-LPL Adapter
- BUD-1 Balance Utility Dovetail
- B-Mount Battery Adapter
The ARRI ALEXA 35 Body & ARRI LPL Mount Set combines the ALEXA 35 camera with a Cine License, an LPL mount and a PL to LPL adapter, a B-mount battery plate, and a BUD-1 Utility Dovetail. Compact and easy to operate, the ALEXA 35 offers both MFX/ARRIRAW and MFX/Apple ProRes capture to 1 or 2TB Codex drives with resolutions up to 4.6K and frame rates up to 120p.
The ALEXA 35 expands your creative control options using the new REVEAL color science, color matching with existing ARRI cameras, and multiple Texture Files that bestow an ability to select looks akin to choosing a film stock, both during capture and in post-production. Although housed in a compact form, the ALEXA 35 camera incorporates a full feature set, including a left-side display, independent SDI outputs, audio inputs, motorized ND filters, two wireless radios, and both 12 and 24V accessory ports.
- K1.0039373 1x ALEXA 35 camera body
- 10.0043678 1x ALEXA 35 Cine License
- K2.0034180 1x Balance Utility Dovetail BUD-1
- K2.0023751 1x B-Mount Battery Adapter
- K2.0018983 1x ARRI LPL Mount (LBUS)
- K2.0016936 1x ARRI PL-to-LPL Adapter
Super35 ARRI ALEV 4 CMOS Sensor
Key to the ALEXA 35's amazing image quality is a new Super35 CMOS sensor offering 17 stops of dynamic range, which is a robust 2.5 stops greater than prior ARRI cameras. Those 2.5 stops are split between 1.5 stops at the top end, resulting in filmlike highlight roll-off, and 1 stop at the lower end to see even deeper into shadows without overexposing other areas. Ideal for HDR projects and any backlit setups, the ALEXA 35's wide dynamic range can also be a boon when tweaking your images in post.
Video Recording Formats
In-camera down-sampling and anamorphic de-squeezing enable the ALEXA 35 to offer a robust array of 19 ARRIRAW and Apple ProRes recording formats with different resolutions, data rates, aspect ratios, and other factors, suiting the camera to a range of production styles. Recording resolutions include 4.6, 4, 3.3, 3, 2.7, and 2K options.
Stray Light Suppression
Stray-light suppression technology is used in both the camera and the new ARRI PL (Hirose or LBUS) lens mounts to deliver the full contrast range from your choice of lenses while eliminating any grayish tones.
High ISO Camera
With an EI of 160 to 6400, the ALEXA 35 offers higher sensitivity and lower noise than ever before in the ARRI lineup, even in low-light settings. An optional Enhanced Sensitivity Mode (EI 2560-6400) works with the camera's wide dynamic range to produce nuanced images in darker environments and is ideal for impromptu or available-light capture.
REVEAL Color Science
Created with the input of both cinematographers and colorists, ARRI’s REVEAL color science employs six factors to create improved color, contrast, sensitivity, and dynamic range.
- A new debayering algorithm combines with the ALEXA 35's impressive processing power to create cleaner-edged images that are perfect for compositing work.
- The new ACE4 color engine converts RGB image data into the ARRI Wide Gamut color space (AWG4), producing more accurate colors and improving color saturation and tracking, even with subtle tones and lower light levels.
- The AWG4 camera color space is larger than Rec. 2020 but bypasses "virtual" colors that are outside the human visual spectrum, providing faster grading, easier color space conversion, and compatibility with the ACES system.
- A new Log-C 4 tonal curve enables the ALEXA 35’s larger 17-stop dynamic range; note that the Log-C 4 look appears darker before conversion to Rec. 709 or another color space.
- New LUTs use the improved sensor, color space, and Log-C 4 to produce optimal shadow tonality, color fidelity, and color-grading base. These new LUTS must be used with Log-C 4; they do not offer the manual control that some used with Log-C 3.
- The ALEXA 35 offers backward compatibility for intercutting with ALEXA, ALEXA Mini, and AMIRA images, and the ALEXA Mini LF and ALEXA LF images may be processed via REVEAL to match your ALEXA 35 footage. Processed images will not offer the higher dynamic range nor ARRI Textures but will have cleaner edges, better color, easier grading, and ACES, Log-C 4, and new LUT compatibility.
Versatile Lens Choices
This PL Mount Set comes with an LBUS PL mount, providing compatibility with a wide array of cine-style lenses. Additional lens mount adapters are available separately, offering access to a vast selection of existing modern and vintage lenses in spherical, anamorphic, Super35, and large format options. The ALEXA 35 is compatible with all common metadata standards and can stream metadata in real time using an optional plug-in.
Full Feature Set in a Compact Form
At 8 x 6 x 5.8", the ALEXA 35's compact, rugged form is similar to that of the ALEXA Mini, but it incorporates the features of the larger ALEXA camera. Assistants and operators will appreciate familiar features like a simple menu structure, recording to 1 or 2TB Codex Compact drives, and a temperature-resistant, splash- and dust-proof housing. Updates include the addition of HDR viewing with the MVF-2 viewfinder, adjustable SDI text overlay, the ability to turn individual frame lines on and off, and Info Panels that present camera information in an easy-to-read form.
- Left display: The new left-side display is ideal for stabilizer, drone, and crane use, enabling you to view the status and change settings without having an EVF attached. You can even select the ND filter setting to show as the display "screensaver", creating a quick visual reminder for any stop compensation needed.
- Connectors: The right side of the ALEXA 35 offers a full interface, including a second EVF port, two 1.5/3/6/12G-SDI outputs with a return option on the second one, timecode in/out, and both 12 and 24V accessory output ports.
- Ethernet: An Ethernet port offers real-time streaming of metadata for use in mixed reality productions (MRP).
- Audio: The ALEXA 35 audio options include two internal microphones like the ALEXA Mini LF, one 6-pin LEMO input, one 3.5mm headphone jack, embedded SDI audio, and compatibility with the AEM-1 audio module.
- Accessories in this PL Mount Set include the BUD-1 Balance Utility Dovetail and a B-Mount Battery Adapter.
- Separately available electronic accessory options include the Multi Viewfinder MVF-2, the PDM-1 power distribution module, and the AEM-1 audio extension module with one AES3/AES42 and two mic/line mini-XLR inputs.
24V B-Mount Battery Power
The 24V ALEXA 35 camera can be powered using the included ARRI B-Mount battery adapter and separately available batteries. The versatile B-Mount system can also power both 12 and 24V accessories, saving you the weight and space required when using two separate batteries. Third-party adapters from Anton Bauer, Hawk-Woods, and CORE SWX can be used with compatible 26V batteries. The separately available PDM-1 Power Distribution Module can be used to add seven more accessory power ports.
ARRI Tools and Apps
Make both capture and post-production easier with the range of free tools, apps, and tutorials found on the ARRI website. Use the Camera Companion app for single or multicamera remote control, the ARRIRAW HDE Transcoder for reducing ARRIRAW file sizes, and the ARRI Reference tool to create and look at files, for SDR and HDR conversions, and to export Apple ProRes, OpenEXR, and TIFF files.
|Lens Mount||ARRI PL|
|Sensor Type||Super35 CMOS|
|Pixel Pitch||6.075 µm|
|Built-In ND Filter||Mechanical Filter Wheel with Clear, 2 Stop (1/4), 4 Stop (1/16), 6 Stop (1/64) ND Filters|
|Internal Filter Holder||No|
|Capture Type||Video Only|
|Shutter Type||Electronic Rolling Shutter|
|Shutter Speed||1/8000 to 1 Second|
|ISO Sensitivity||160 to 6400|
|Shutter Angle||5 to 356°|
|Advertised Dynamic Range||17 Stops|
|White Balance||2000 to 11,000K|
4608 x 3164 up to 75 fps
4608 x 2592 up to 75 fps
4096 x 2304 up to 120 fps
4096 x 2048 up to 120 fps
3328 x 2790 up to 100 fps
3072 x 3072 up to 100 fps
|Recording Modes||MXF/ProRes 422 HQ/ProRes 4444/ProRes 4444XQ/Raw
4.6K (4608 x 3164)
|Sensor Crop Modes||Super16
2K (2048 x 1152)
|Sensor Crop While Recording||4.6K (4608 x 2592) in 16:9
4K (4096 x 2048) in 2:1
4K (4096 x 2034) in 16:9
4K (4096 x 1716) in 2.39:1 When Recording in Anamorphic
3.8K (3840 x 2160) in 16:9
3.3K (3328 x 2790) in 6:5
3.8K (3840 x 1920) in 2:1 When Recording in Anamorphic
3K (3072 x 3072) in 1:1
2.7K (2743 x 3086) in 8:9
2K (2048 x 1152) in 16:9
1080p (1920 x 1080) in 16:9
|Variable Frame Rates||0.75 Up to 120 fps|
|Gamma Curve||ARRI Log C4, Rec 2100 HLG, Rec 2100 PQ, Rec709, Rec2020|
|Built-In Microphone Type||Stereo|
|Audio Recording||4-Channel 24-Bit 48 kHz LPCM Audio|
|External Recording Modes||None|
|Media/Memory Card Slot||Single Slot: Codex Compact Drive|
|Video I/O||1 x BNC (12G-SDI) Output
1 x BNC (12G-SDI) Input/Output
|Audio I/O||1 x LEMO 6-Pin Line Input
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRRS Headphone/Mic Headphone Output
|Power I/O||1 x LEMO 8-Pin (20.5 to 33.6 VDC) Input|
|Other I/O||2 x CoaXPress Viewfinder
1 x LEMO 4-Pin Control Input/Output
1 x LEMO 4-Pin (Serial) Data Input/Output
1 x LEMO 5-Pin (Timecode) Input/Output
1 x LEMO 10-Pin (Ethernet) Control
1 x BNC (Sync) Input/Output
1 x USB Type-C Data Input/Output
1 x Pogo 5-Pin
1 x pogo 18-Pin
|Wireless||Wi-Fi (802.11b/g) Control|
|Global Positioning (GPS, GLONASS, etc.)||None|
|Resolution||800 x 400|
|Display Type||Included External LCD|
|Secondary Display||Side: LCD Status Display|
|Type||Removable Electronic (OLED)|
|Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Focus Type||Manual Focus Only|
|Operating Temperature||-4 to 113°F / -20 to 45°C|
|Storage Temperature||-22 to 158°F / -30 to 70°C|
|Power Consumption||90 W|
|Tripod Mounting Thread||1/4"-20 Female
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||8 x 6 x 5.8" / 203 x 152.5 x 147 mm|
|Weight||6.4 lb / 2.9 kg|