EXPECTED PRICE: $34,995.00
This is a pre-order deposit only. This will not guarantee the item will be sold for $199.00 and it is not the actual price of the product. Customers placing a deposit must also pay the remaining balance before the item can be shipped.
$199.00 Pre-Order Deposit
- Pre-Order deposit is non-refundable
- Deposit goes towards final price
- This Pre-Order is a non physical item
- Physical shipment and shipment cost of an item will occur when remaining payment is finalized.
- An email notification will be sent with a link that requires you to pay the remaining balance of the product when shipment is ready.
- 35.4MP 8K Super35 CMOS Sensor
- Interchangeable PL Mount Included
- Up to 8K120, 7K140 & 4K240 in 17:9 S35
- Integrated Electronic ND Filters
- 16.5+ Stops Dynamic Range
- Powerful & Versatile 12/24V Outputs
- Industry-Standard Input/Output Array
- ProRes, REDCODE Raw HQ, MQ & LQ Options
- Built-In Ambient Lockit/Timecode/Genlock
- Integrated Gold Mount Battery Plate
The RED DIGITAL CINEMA V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35 Sensor Camera (PL, Gold Mount) is an all-in-one system built to support high-end productions, featuring a robust I/O array, flexible power source compatibility and RED's first ever electronic ND system.
The combination of Super35 capture, lens mount versatility, and the all-in-one DSMC3 form enables the V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35 to fit seamlessly into your wildlife and broadcast projects or other shoots involving lots of handheld work and multiple locations. Its industry-standard interface incorporates three 12G/6G/3G-SDI outputs, both 12 and 24V power outputs, timecode and genlock ports, and an integrated Gold mount battery plate.
35.4MP CMOS S35 Sensor
- The V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35's Super35mm 35.4 MP CMOS sensor provides a practical alternative to full-frame capture that is particularly suitable for in-the-field productions while still offering the high resolution and shallow depth of field beloved by cine-style shooters.
- 16.5+ stops of dynamic range give the V-RAPTOR 8K XL S35 the ability to capture stunning images in any environment you explore.
Interchangeable Lens Mount/Autofocus Options
- Includes an ARRI PL lens mount which can be swapped for a separately available Canon EF mount, enabling you to make use of a large variety of lenses.
- Offers on-sensor enhanced phase-detect autofocus and in-camera AI processing for select EF lenses with face detection and object tracking coming in future updates.
The streamlined form, interchangeable lens mounts, and the classic Super35 look makes the V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35 ideal for wildlife, broadcast, and cine-style productions.
Built-In Pro Interfaces
- Designed for professional crew use with integrated auxiliary power and mounting points for attaching multiple high-end camera accessories.
- Built-in Ambient Lockit mode for wireless genlock and timecode syncing.
- Multiple video outputs, including 12G/6G/3G-SDI.
Internal ND Filters
- Motorized clear and 2 to 7-stop electronic ND filters with 1/3, 1/4, and 1-stop increments provide precision exposure control.
- The internal NDs are easily controlled via the side push buttons or wirelessly using the iOS/Android RED Control app.
Side Control Panel
- Conveniently located on the assistant's side, an easy-to-navigate, 2.4" LCD panel provides comprehensive control, including status updates, in-camera format selection, and customizable buttons.
- The V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35's compact and durable DSMC3 form features micro-V battery compatibility, several monitor options, CFexpress card capture, and a modular design that, when paired with a compact Super35 lens, creates a portable, ergonomic form.
Note: The LCD panel is for camera control only; it does not provide preview video.
Streamlined Form with Dual-Voltage Battery Support
- The built-in interfaces and integrated OLED display lend the V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35 camera rig a streamlined, accessible form.
- An integrated Gold mount battery plate supports 24 to 34V batteries with multiple auxiliary power outputs and standard 12 to 16V batteries.
The V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35's advanced cooling system uses dedicated fans to separately reduce the temperature of auxiliary power components and camera components while a heat exchanger maintains a precise sensor temperature.
Together, these cooling functions reduce noise while recording, create a more robust system, and produce less black shading.
RED Control App
- Use the iOS and Android-compatible RED Control or RED Control Pro app for remote or tethered camera access.
- Access is available via Wi-Fi and the USB-C and Ethernet interfaces.