EXPECTED PRICE: $9,499.00
This is a pre-order deposit only. This will not guarantee the item will be sold for $199.00 and it is not the actual price of the product. Customers placing a deposit must also pay the remaining balance before the item can be shipped.
$199 Pre-Order Deposit
- Pre-Order deposit is non-refundable
- Deposit goes towards final price
- This Pre-Order is a non physical item
- Physical shipment and shipment cost of an item will occur when remaining payment is finalized.
- An email notification will be sent with a link that requires you to pay the remaining balance of the product when shipment is ready.
- Full-Frame | f/2.8 to f/22
- Fast L-Series Telephoto Zoom
- Dual Nano USM AF System
- 5.5-Stop Image Stabilization
- Floating Focus Design
- Internal Zoom and Focusing Design
- Function/Focus Preset Selector Switch
- Fluorite, UD, and Aspherical Elements
- ASC, SSC, and Fluorine Coatings
- Weather-Sealed Design
From photo journalisim and pro-level recording to fashion and indoor sports, the Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8 L IS USM Lens (Canon RF) brings zooming capabilities to the proven 300mm f2.8 aimed directly at professional and high-end video and still image users.
Building on the legacy of the popular EF 300mm f/2.8 prime lenses, this RF 100-300mm f/2.8 maintains the quality and speed 300mm f/2.8 shooters are looking for while adding the versatility of a zoom that widens up to 100mm.
- The 100-300mm zoom design offers more versatility for tracking moving subjects, recording candid moments from a distance, and backing off from scenes a bit for a wider frame for more context.
- Despite switching to a zoom design, this lens retains the a bright and constant f/2.8 maximum aperture that excels in available lighting conditions and helps to achieve a shallow depth of field to isolate subjects against a blurred background.
- Wholly new optical design includes fluorite elements and ultra-low dispersion glass, plus one aspherical element, to achieve a higher degree of clarity and sharpness with virtually no distortion.
- Canon's Air Sphere Coating (ASC) and Super Spectra Coating (SSC) minimizes ghosting and flare to better enable working in backlit conditions or when facing strong lighting situations.
Autofocus and Image Stabilization
As a lens designed for sports, events, and other moving subjects, AF and IS functions have been optimized for quick and precise performance along with the ability to work with the lens handheld or from a monopod if desired.
- Dual Nano USM system uses both a ring type USM and an STM mechanism to realize quick and accurate focusing. The smooth and nearly silent focusing suits both photography and video applications and there is full-time manual focus control available.
- Two separate focusing groups are independently actuated for greater maintained sharpness throughout the zoom range and at different focus positions.
- Focus range limiter can be set to the full focusing range, from 5.9' to infinity, or from a 19.7' to infinity range for quicker performance if working exclusively with distant subjects.
- Optical image stabilization compensates for up to 5.5 stops of camera shake; if paired with an EOS R camera featuring in-body image stabilization, this lens also supports Coordinated IS that offers up to 6 stops of shake correction.
L Series Design and Handling
The first lens of its kind designed specifically for mirrorless EOS R cameras, this RF 100-300mm f/2.8 zoom features the durability, weather sealing, and intuitive design professionals expect from an L Series lens.
- Weather-sealed design enables working in harsh environments and prevents dust and moisture from reaching the interior of the lens. Also, there is a front fluorine coating that prevents water, oils, and other residue types from sticking to lens, making it easier to clean.
- Impressively lightweight for its speed and zoom range, this lens weighs 5.8 lb and measures 12.7" long.
- Internal focusing and zooming design maintains the overall length of the lens during operations and promotes quicker operations and more robust weather sealing.
- Built-in rotating tripod mount suits working with the lens atop a monopod or tripod and enables quick switching between vertical and horizontal shooting orientations.
- For intuitive handling and focus control, there is a Focus Preset button near the rear of the lens, which can be triggered with your right hand during use. This function allows pre-focusing on a spot, storing this focus distance, and being able to instantly return to the memorized position at the push of this button. Alternatively, a side switch enables utilizing this buttons as an secondary Lens Function (L-Fn) button instead.
- Four L-Fn buttons surround the front of the lens and these can be programmed to control a variety of lens or camera functions.
- Programmable Control Ring can be used for lens-based adjustment of various exposure or camera settings and comes with a click-stop operation by default for tactile feedback.
- Compatible with optional Extender RF 1.4x and 2x teleconverters for further extending the effective reach of this lens.