- Contains 0.6 and 0.9 Grad ND Filters
- Reduce Exposure in Selective Areas
- Soft-Edge Graduation
- CR-39 Optical Resin
- 100mm Aluminum Modular Filter Holder
- Adapter Ring for 72mm Lens
- Includes Filter Basics Booklet
The Formatt-Hitech 100 x 125mm Soft-Edge Graduated ND Filter Starter Kit with 72mm Adapter Ring is a complete bundle containing both 0.6 and 0.9 soft-edge graduated neutral density filters, a 100mm aluminum filter holder, and an adapter ring to fit lenses with a filter thread diameter of 72mm. Additionally, a Filter Basics booklet is also included that gives helpful tips and practical advice on how and when to best utilize these filters.
- Graduated Neutral Density Filters
- These filters help to specifically darken skies and other bright areas of the image. The filters are densest at the edge and taper to clear by the middle, with a soft-edged transition between the density and clear areas. By having only a portion of neutral density on each filter, you can selectively darken areas of an image while allowing the portion of the image within the clear section to receive the normal amount of exposure. The 0.6 density filter provides a 2 stop reduction in light from entering the lens and the 0.9 density offers a 3 stop reduction in exposure.
These filters are constructed from CR-39 optical resin to maintain image clarity while also remaining highly scratch resistant. The feature chamfered corners to further contribute to durability and resistance against breakage. Each filter measures 3.9 x 4.9" / 100 x 125mm.
- Aluminum Modular Filter Holder and Adapter Ring
- The included 100mm Aluminum Modular Filter Holder is designed to accommodate up to three filters at a time and can be configured to hold both glass and resin filters simultaneously. It is constructed from aluminum for added rigidity and durability and attachment to lenses is facilitated by the included 72mm Adapter Ring.
|Type||Soft-edge graduated neutral density|
|Size||3.9 x 4.9" / 100 x 125 mm|
|Density||0.6 (2 stop) |
0.9 (3 stop)
|Effect||Reduce exposure across a portion of the frame|
|Construction||CR-39 optical resin|
|Package Weight||1.2 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||2.0 x 2.0 x 2.0"|